Sound Deadners

jwlandry

Reaction score
Which brand has the best sound deadning ability and best price. Im wanting to all 4 doors, firewall, floor, back wall, and MAYBE roof....

03-Blue-Powerstroke

Reaction score
For the best quality I would go with dynamat. If you want to do it cheap I would go with peal and seal and do two or three layers.

Tom S

Reaction score
I used a couple of products on mine. While the less expensive stuff was fine on places like the floor I liked the better products inside the door. I found the adhesive was much easier to work with and was less messy.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is there a proper way to place the two? Say in the doors, my last truck was all dynomat, but using a product like dynaliner can you layer the two? Or put dynaliner in the door behind the speaker and dynamat every where else?

thuglike

Reaction score
I just finished a project today.

After I gutted the interior I used expansion foam in every void I could find, next:
I used FatMat on every sq. inch of the interior. Doors were hit inside and out. On the floor I used the FatMat floor covering and OEM carpet over that. Everything else was hit with a second layer of RaamAudio peel and stick ensolite. I also did the door seal mod and coated the undercarriage with 2 coats of 3m rubberrized sound deadening paint. Before I started the project I used a db meter while driving at highway speeds...all the windows were up and everything was turned off and got a reading of a median of 77 db.

I didn't get a chance to meter it tonight but just starting the truck with all doors and windows closed..there was a HUGH differance!!!!!

thuglike

Reaction score
Is there a proper way to place the two? Say in the doors, my last truck was all dynomat, but using a product like dynaliner can you layer the two? Or put dynaliner in the door behind the speaker and dynamat every where else?

Use the dynomat on the entire door surface then use an ensolite product directly behind the speaker.

Layson

Reaction score
rammat and ensolite... done deal! It is SO much cheaper then the other stuff.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I used the undercoating spray on the inside of the panels where i couldnt put the dynamat on my old extd cab truck, I never thought of using expanding foam when I did it wat back when and it worked pretty good stunk for a while till it go aired out but was pretty effective

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Oh yeah and any links or info on which ensolite to use when I google it it just comes up with tons of different options would rather go with what someone has already used and found to be good instead of trying to guess lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Oh yeah and any links or info on which ensolite to use when I google it it just comes up with tons of different options would rather go with what someone has already used and found to be good instead of trying to guess lol

I would like to know that too, don't know much about the different deadining material.

Is raamat just as thick as dynomat? I know some are thinner and you need more. Just want to do it right and once.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
has anyone used roll-on bed liner on the floor and stuff in a cab?

I took a body shop years ago and the hot rod guys swore by doing it before the truck got painted, said it acted like sound deadner and it was a little cheaper, and then they also said combine that with sound deadner and you can make an old truck silent on the inside

Members online

No members online now.