01 Injector/Miss Question

DHFF

Reaction score
If you bought a CPS from Ford I would suggest you to get a Delphi HT101G and get the engine running the way it was first designed to.

Ok, so the problem is not fixed. Its now worse. None of the Ford dealers were open so I took my chances with an Oreilly's BWD sensor. The truck will barely start sometimes and completely goes tarded when I turn the windshield wipers on. I guess that's somewhat common with the aftermarket sensors. So anyway back to the original sensor until tomorrow when something is actually open. Goddamn what a pain in the ass. At least its easy to swap but jesus. Does this sound normal to you guys? It will be running fine then all of a sudden just die for a split second then come back to life. Especially when I'm over half throttle usually about the time its going to shift. One time it died and cranked forever before it would start. I have to drive it from Detroit to Houston tomorrow and I sure hope it makes it after I put that new sensor in.

Tarm, when you say Delphi, where are you getting that one? Is that the Ford brand?

DHFF

Reaction score
Well I googled that one and it shows that Advance Auto sells that one? Im going to run up there now and see if they have one.

Arisley

Reaction score
Try pulling your chip out. See if it does better. Your chip connection might have a little corrosion on it. Lots of times just unplugging it and plugging it back in will clean it up.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ok, so the problem is not fixed. Its now worse. None of the Ford dealers were open so I took my chances with an Oreilly's BWD sensor. The truck will barely start sometimes and completely goes tarded when I turn the windshield wipers on. I guess that's somewhat common with the aftermarket sensors. So anyway back to the original sensor until tomorrow when something is actually open. Goddamn what a pain in the ass. At least its easy to swap but jesus. Does this sound normal to you guys? It will be running fine then all of a sudden just die for a split second then come back to life. Especially when I'm over half throttle usually about the time its going to shift. One time it died and cranked forever before it would start. I have to drive it from Detroit to Houston tomorrow and I sure hope it makes it after I put that new sensor in.

Tarm, when you say Delphi, where are you getting that one? Is that the Ford brand?
detroit michigan to houstan tx?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
and what time are you leaving? im leaving my house at 3-4am with my fifthwheel but should be near toledo by 7am ish if you need anything and I always have my scanner handy and ill throw in a sensor if need be? I have like 8 cps's...

live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score
The wiper issue is a known issue with the BWD CPS its more the wiper motor at fault really than the BWD but its sensitive to it. If you ground the Wiper motor separately that should take care of it but not if you have something else sending off dirty back feed. But usually is almost always the wiper motor at fault.

Becasue of this I would just go with at Delphi its by far the best out there and much better than the ford ones. That is unless you can get an old original ford CPS.

Honestly regardless if you go with the other CPS the BWD has shown your wiper motor is sending out trashy electric so either replace it or easiest give it its own ground. AS you never know what little issues it maybe causing on its own that you do not full notice.

Last edited:

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Valvoline 5 40 full synthetic 1.5 to 2 bottles of Molly ep clean some connectors should run wicked good. Get a ford cps in it been having bad luck with any non ford sensors and relays especially anything over 20a or is vital for operation. Delphi, acdelco, case IH, Alliant and motorcraft is what seems to have quality right now.

Sent while speeding, pushing little cars off the road and having a fruit smoothie.

dmd

Reaction score
I doubt any additive is for use in our high oil pressure injector systems. Most of it is
just solvent that will free up any contaminate and let it free in the engine. Best solution
is to change the oil at regular intervals and use quality name brand oils.

I use Delo, the truck seems to use up too much of the others. Delo is a good
oil and after 180k the engine is clean inside (inspection from changing the valve cover
harnesses)

Arisley

Reaction score
Exactly, well I use Valvoline, but there are a lot of good oils. Pick one and ride with it. Defend it in oil arguments. That's part of the game.

Do not put anything in your oil but oil.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Exactly, well I use Valvoline, but there are a lot of good oils. Pick one and ride with it. Defend it in oil arguments. That's part of the game.

Do not put anything in your oil but oil.
Schaeffers moley ep is the only thing ill add. it makes a lot of difference on some trucks. even on a fresh oil change.

live life full throttle

DHFF

Reaction score
**** man I wish I would have gotten on here sooner. Needless to say I never made it to Houston. Got all the way to STL and and had to get it into a dealer. I put a FORD CPS back in it and it seems to like that one so I'm going to order the Delphi and keep it for back up. I have 4 other brands in my glovebox that are all paperweights.

So anyway I am rolling into STL and just randomly at 70 MPH the TC unlocks for no reason. I don't have the cruise set and am watching it on my monitor and it WILL NOT lock back up in any gear cruising at constant. Stop and shut it off and take off still nothing. Get about 20 miles down the road and it starts locking and unlocking at random. Only when it should, but still randomly unlocking when no inputs change. So to the dealer I go because its not throwing any codes and I'll roach this new trans and TC in no time like that.

They drive the truck for 3 hours, and can't find a damn thing saying my PCM wont allow them to complete some of their tests and they have no idea whats wrong. Tell me to buy a new PCM. I told them no, paid them 198 bucks (with no knowledge gained and a day wasted in STL mind you) and back north I go to a buddies house in Springfield IL. I called Morgan at Midwest and he doesn't work on 4R100s...... huh? Anyway I've since been buying and replacing every damn sensor I can to try to trace down the bad ground or funky reading the PCM is seeing to lock and unlock it.... I have replaced the Brake switch, verified all brake lights work, replaced the ABS sensor in rear end, Put dielectric in every connector I can find, adjusted the play out of my shifter linkage and cable, and I am just at my end. No one can touch the truck for a couple weeks. As of right now it is locking as usual, but I know Im gonna get down the interstate in a day or two and watch it do it again. This truck is a NIGHTMARE.....

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
Drop the pan and make sure all the VB bolts are torqued to spec, check and clean the connectors on the front and rear speed sensors on the trans, unplug trans solenoid pack and make sure there is no corrosion, oil, etc in there and plug back in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.