03 dying problems before 4,000 mile round trip

Reaction score
2003 6.0 120k miles decided today the day before I head across country to start idling rough and high around 1,000 rpm I believe rough and sporadic and finally truck dies at red light but immediately restarts. Happens a couple of time but restarts every time. Finally truck went back to idling normal and everything seemed okay then on my way home tonight truck just died making a turn but restarted. It has done this twice before happens for about a day and then goes away to return 2-3 months later. I'd like to get this figured out or at least prepare for it.

renegade

Reaction score
If you do not have a set of OBD2 gauges like a ScanGauge2 or other reader you need one to monitor several computer/ engine parameters like HPOP, FICM voltage, ICP oil and coolant temp and others, as well as any trouble codes. Then you can to properly diagnose your problems. Other wise you and anyone trying to help is only guessing, and that can get VERY expensive on a 6.0

78f100

Reaction score
What the other guys said, also could be fuel pump, or pickup in tank if it happens around 1/4 tank.

Reaction score
I've got a auto enginuity but some jackass stole my laptop for my AE last week. But ipr and icp are brand new also brand new hpop and all orings. Only thought was clogged fuel filter because I just cut fuel neck and installed 90 gallon transfer tank for this trip so on that note tank is totally full. As of today problem is gone. Hoping it doesn't return at least until I get home.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.