04 Ran great shut off no start

Powerstroked

Reaction score
Ok so I am at a loss. Truck has been running incredible, took an 1800 mile round trip with an average 15 mpg, have been driving around for about a week after trip and truck has been super smooth. Today I drove to work and came home with no hits, misses, or stumbles. Went to run to the grocery store after being home a couple hours and the truck cranks with no start. I have no smoke from exhaust, and my SCT is showing a P0336, P0341, and P2291 codes. I am methodical with preventative maintenance, replaced the injectors 25000 miles ago, run a bypass coolant..oil..and fuel filter system, treat every tank of fuel and run only Amsoil. I have a Swamps 58 v FICM, Airdog 2, and have deleted the EGR. Please help.

Lassie

Reaction score
P0336, P0341 are Crank Position Sensor and Cam Position Sensor Codes. These show up during a lot of misfire issues. Do you have access to Auto Enginuity or another type of diagnostic equipment? The P2291 is ICP Low Pressure. You need to see what the IC pressure is. You may have a bad sensor or a failing HPOP.

A failed cam or crank sensor will not allow FICM sync also. I think the IPR will only allow 300 psi without the sync signal. This could also be the issue. You can unplug the ICP sensor on the passenger side valve cover (if 04.5) to see if it will try to crank then. This will let you know if just a bad sensor.

Powerstroked

Reaction score
I have no access to diagnostic equipment, I pulled the codes from my SCT. Is there a way to get the SCT to measure the ICP with the truck not starting? I have only briefly read on the procedures for measuring the ICP through voltage checks, is there aneasier method? The truck has run great until this point extremly smooth with good oil samples through Blackstone, is it possible for an HPOP to act normal until after engine shut down and then quit?

Powerstroked

Reaction score
Unpluged the ICP and it started, awaiting a new one to arrive in the mail and I will update as to results. Looks like a good time to go ahead and replace the oil cooler that I have been putting off while I am at it.:cursing:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Check the fuel shut off switch on the right side lock panel. Seen a truck.do this exact thing about a year ago

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.