05-07 Light Bar Grille

Layson

Reaction score
I have not seen any yet. But that one for the newer trucks isn't all that great looking. I think you could pull it off if you made something. Especially since your truck is white. The contrast with the grille and the truck would look nice.

With my truck, I would mount it behind the grille and add one of those smoked transparent covers. That way you don't notice it is there. I still think these lights look a little out of place on our trucks.

I think you could even put it behind the grille and it would look nice on your truck without any cover.

Txpsd

Reaction score
I was thinking about mounting 1 back there, but am still unsure as to how I'll do it. I was thinking about doing a mesh grille, that way the ford emblem would be gone. What do you think?

Layson

Reaction score
I think a mesh style grille would be cool. I just wonder where you would place it that would look right. Slightly off the bottom of the grille, or centered, or would it be better to have two, one on top and one on bottom to keep it symmetrical. I think slightly off the bottom would probably look the best.

I can't quite tell how your bumper is set up. Ever thought about taking that bumper off, then cutting a slot in it and mounting it in the bumper?

Layson

Reaction score
Got any picture you can post up of the front of your truck?

Layson

Reaction score
Or heck, they make round lights and also some pretty big square ones.

Little bit out of the box, but if you had (4) of these behind the grille, it would be pretty cool. Also, different from every other person out there. These are like 6.5" square.

54431_q2_driving-2_med.jpg

Txpsd

Reaction score
My truck is actually still at BDP right now, but I'll get a picture up as soon as I can. I don't have the road armor bumper in my sig anymore. I need to get an updated picture. I am definitely going to put a 20" in my ptm bumper. Just not sure what to do after that.

kjdavis

Reaction score
A 20" in the bumper is bright as hell. With the HID headlights and the 20" its insane....

It would be cool to have spot beam behind the grill though for the dark roads for distance.

truck01_zpsfe2accaa.jpg

Txpsd

Reaction score
A 20" in the bumper is bright as hell. With the HID headlights and the 20" its insane....

It would be cool to have spot beam behind the grill though for the dark roads for distance.

truck01_zpsfe2accaa.jpg

And did you do a flood pattern in your bumper? What light bar is that if you don't mind me asking?...

kjdavis

Reaction score
I did a flood pattern in the bumper. Wanted it that way so I can have good coverage in the fog with amber covers. The brand of bar is CSI....it has very similar, almost identical, specs to a Rigid bar. IP68 waterproof rated and super bright. W4836 is the part number of bar that I got. Mounted with KD Fabworks brackets that bolt to existing holes.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I looked at doing it, the center support in the core support would have to be modified. I was going to replace it with a bent piece of steel, but decided not to.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I looked at doing it, the center support in the core support would have to be modified. I was going to replace it with a bent piece of steel, but decided not to.

Cut that center support out. It looks like hell if you have a mesh grille. Could mount a lightbar hanging from the top of the core support if you cut the center bar out.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Cut that center support out. It looks like hell if you have a mesh grille. Could mount a lightbar hanging from the top of the core support if you cut the center bar out.

I like my center support LOL. I don't need anymore light bars on my truck. The bumper bar is enough for me, I think anymore would look like crap IMO.

Layson

Reaction score
Snake did his in the front bumper as well... it looks pretty sweet...

IMG_4353.jpg

johnp115

Reaction score
With what I did you don't need to cut the center support. You shove it in the grille up against that center support, buy two little L brackets, bolt the L brackets to the led bar mounts, and then they bolt/screw right into the bottom part of the grille.

Latest posts

Members online