07 brake controller in a 03

Blue Line Fab

Reaction score
I can't find any information on this.

I have a 03 7.3 and I would like to install the brake controller and master cylinder from a 07 that I scraped.

Does anyone have any information on this swap. I would think it should be a straight forward conversion.

If anyone has a wiring dia. for the 07 that would help, or a link to a conversion that has already been done.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
keep googling and searching the forums, someone may have done it but they didn't post it or they're not on this board.

mustube

Reaction score
I don't have any links but I have seen where people cut the little pocket on the right side of the steering wheel to fit a trailer brake controller, and I've also seen a complete 05-07 lower dash swap (it all bolts in) with the integrated trailer brake controller in and working, but I don't remember which forum it was on. I'll look for it.

Edit: Found a page where a guy said he did it, but the pictures don't work and there's no write up. It sounds like you have to swap the master cylinder too for it to work and make some wiring changes.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99.../151022-upfitter-package-2000-super-duty.html

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we finished one up last week. Let me do some digging tmrw for the wiring setup and post back.

co04cobra

Reaction score
We installed 2 of these this week for testing. Both trucks will be towing over the next week to make sure everything works as it should.

Hope to post back with the results next week.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Update on this is we have everything in and wired as a normal brake controller.

It works, but I have only been able to make it put out half the voltage it should.

Using the gain manually it works fine. I do not plan on tying this into the master cylinder. I just want it in and functional as a normal "old school" controller, but with the oem look.

It will be a few weeks until we get back to these trucks to do more testing.

Latest posts

Members online