08 F250 Brakes... What ya guys prefer?

BoostedAggression

Reaction score
Well had a left rear caliper hang up on me tonight and I was just curious as to what you guys run for brakes (pads, calipers, rotors)? OE or Motorcraft (as I assume most diehards prefer)? Aftermarkets like Raybestos, Centric, Wagner, NAPA etc? Truck doesn't see much heavy towing (skidsteer, camper, or occasional truck) when I dont use my dually. I dont usually take the cheaper route on brakes issue is I'm leaving outta town Thurs (Apr 3rd) with the camper and I'd REALLY prefer not dropping a couple hundred extra bucks for overnight shipping unless I really have to lol. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

jdgleason

Reaction score
In a perfect world...

ude3e6uj.jpg

araqehen.jpg

RSK

Reaction score
I take safety very serious, i'm going with wilwoods like JD shared, once my pads are worn out and making noise! i'd want the best brakes out there personally.

jdgleason

Reaction score
go to hell JD LOL

quit posting that setup.

Hahahaha it's terrible isn't it?!

I take safety very serious, i'm going with wilwoods like JD shared, once my pads are worn out and making noise! i'd want the best brakes out there personally.

That's a good call. I can tell you that my truck is getting to the point where if I am being stupid, it's tough to get shut down in a short amount of road.

RSK

Reaction score
Hahahaha it's terrible isn't it?!

That's a good call. I can tell you that my truck is getting to the point where if I am being stupid, it's tough to get shut down in a short amount of road.

Exactly, plus those big crazy toyo mt's don't have the best traction. Some nitto 420's will help your braking. I could only imagine. My truck doesn't stop well enough and its not even making big steam yet!

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
There is a company that make an enlarged brake kit for the SD trucks that is a little smaller then the custom wildwood kit. Let me see if I can dig it up

jdgleason

Reaction score
AP Racing does. SSBC has a set as well. Not sure they are much better than stock though. I know Erik has the AP racing ones and he says the pedal feels squishy.

RSK

Reaction score
AP Racing does. SSBC has a set as well. Not sure they are much better than stock though. I know Erik has the AP racing ones and he says the pedal feels squishy.

Ouch! Safety is not somewhere i wanna cut corners especially in an 8000lb truck.

Crack85

Reaction score
Ouch! Safety is not somewhere i wanna cut corners especially in an 8000lb truck.

They're all going to run you 4500 - 6k. So not sure I would call that "skimping". Unless you just got cash, ballin out of control.

03silvertj

Reaction score
JD,

The truck that those Wilwoods were installed on, did the owner report a big improvement in braking ability?

I ask because I wonder at what point is having so much braking force become pointless because the amount of friction you have with your tires on the ground isn't equal to the capabilities of the brakes? I could see having the improvement with larger tires, because of the added rolling resistance and the larger contact patch with the road, but what about with stock, or similar to stock sized tires?

RSK

Reaction score
They're all going to run you 4500 - 6k. So not sure I would call that "skimping". Unless you just got cash, ballin out of control.

I know...i'm just doing front 3k which does 70% or 80% of the stopping. Work hard, save and that's it, being single with no kids helps too, same with owning a landscaping company. Not ballin out of control yet, ill be sure to post pictures when i am!

jdgleason

Reaction score
The truck that has those brakes is running 33/12.50/22

It stops WAY faster than it used too. ABS still works as it should, so it doesn't just lock up. Stops like a car with decent brakes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.