08 f350 transmission trouble

twinturbo6.42008

Reaction score
I just bought a 08 f350 6.4 pulled a trailer for the first time the other day and got hard 4th and 5th gear shifting and cel about the solenoid d and still slipping into 4th and 5th

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I just bought a 08 f350 6.4 pulled a trailer for the first time the other day and got hard 4th and 5th gear shifting and cel about the solenoid d and still slipping into 4th and 5th

It could be just the solenoid D but most likely need a new transmission or a rebuild. I had that code and slipping limp mode limited to 40 MPH had to got a new trans. Solenoid D codes and clutch friction codes are usually transmission death codes. I'd recommend Morgan@Midwest Diesel we got a few other vendors out there though. Check for fluid color and smell/level first though just to be sure. You can also drop the pan and look for debris is the truck tuned how many miles?

Last edited:

twinturbo6.42008

Reaction score
yes truck has h&s mini maxx and it had both the codes you mentioned it sucks cause I just sold my 08 f250 and never had any problems with it and havent made the first pmt on this one yet and tranny trouble already

twinturbo6.42008

Reaction score
I found a good deal on a rebuilt tranny 3yr 150k mile warranty for 3500 how long will it last this truck is my dd don't get abused mine a Honda every once and a while

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I found a good deal on a rebuilt tranny 3yr 150k mile warranty for 3500 how long will it last this truck is my dd don't get abused mine a Honda every once and a while

I just got a ford reman almost 40K and its slipping a little already I run spartan 310 tune as a DD and tow often. If you think your going too add power down the road and tow often go with a transmission that you know that will handle a beating and wont give up that's why I recommended Morgan@Midwest Diesel he builds quality stuff and has excellent warranty and customer service. We also have twisted diesel and a bunch of others too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online