08 f450 front driveshaft help?!?!

boom24

Reaction score
So I have a 08 f450 cclb I sadly chose to plow with it to make some extra money and first day out I experienced a loud clicking wich come to find out was the joints in the front shaft ..and its none rebuildable,

What do you all recommend for a front shaft that is either rebuildable or will last .thanks

boom24

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.iam trying to find a shop that makes a replacement that is rebuildable so I don't have to out source it again

Driveshaft Guy

Reaction score
I have a driveline company and the ujoint a are replaceable in the front shaft. What normally goes bad is the cv kit in the middle of cv. It is a costly repair if that is the case

Sent from my local E-85 station

Driveshaft Guy

Reaction score
And DO NOT purchase the A1 Cardone shaft. All Chinese components that will fail in 6 months.... We repair them all the time

co04cobra

Reaction score
I have a driveline company and the ujoint a are replaceable in the front shaft. What normally goes bad is the cv kit in the middle of cv. It is a costly repair if that is the case

And DO NOT purchase the A1 Cardone shaft. All Chinese components that will fail in 6 months.... We repair them all the time

BINGO..!!!

All super duty front shafts usually fail in this way. It is "rebuildable" but usually not worth the hassle and they don't, for whatever reason, seem to last near as long once rebuilt.

Does your truck have over 100K on miles? I would price one through sunrise ford or your local dealer. IIRC I don't think they are near as expensive as the A1 front shaft.

The only only other "option" would be to have a shaft made with a u-joint and flange at the t-case. It gives you a replaceable joint, but not going to be very driver friendly.

co04cobra

Reaction score
how is a driveshaft not going to be user friendly ?

Because a front drive shaft without the factory CV assembly is going to vibrate like a mofo...at any kind of speed.

Making a drive shaft without it is what I assumed the OP was meaning as "rebuildable".

Golddigger

Reaction score
I was just throwing that there meaning they are rebuildable and it was the first one to pop up on a search. I usually go to Six States or Ford.

Zmann

Reaction score
Ok thx
"not user friendly" is what i was thinking as not doable LOL

Driveshaft Guy

Reaction score
If it just need the 3 U joints, cv kit and balance.. It should run around $175

boom24

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone.. I'll probably just order one from Ford. Mine is also bent ,idk how it happened bought the truck with 80k now has 96k and seems like alot is starting to fail!

Latest posts

Members online