08 tail light conversion on my 04 with pics

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
I got around to installing some 08 tail lights on my 04, looks a hell of a lot since I also have an 08 tail gate.

Now to some pics!

This is what I started out with.
photo-3.jpg

I got the tail lights, sockets and pigtails all from the dealer. I also went ahead and replaced my third brake lamp as well.

These next two pics are just the parts needed and the part numbers for the sockets and pigtails. I really want to order the CREE lights asap after seeing the reverse light thread! But for now I threw in some 920 bulbs.

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

I got one lamp installed and snapped a pic for comparison of it and the old one.

photo.jpg

And now the finished product! Looks a lot better! I just need to find an 08 rear bumper now and I'll be set.

08taillights.jpg

01platinum

Reaction score
Looks good. I am going to put some 08 tail lights in soon. Look on craigslist for a rear bumper. Got mine from a guy near Hobby Airport for $150. Was a pull off with no damage. He had a bunch of them when I picked mine up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Agjake11

Reaction score
Looks good. Had my 08 tails before I got my truck even. Then got the gate and finally put my bumper on this morning.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Looks good. Had my 08 tails before I got my truck even. Then got the gate and finally put my bumper on this morning.

Thanks. I need to hunt down a bumper now.

Man, I really need a tailgate. Your truck looks awesome. Love the color.

Thanks man. My old tail gate was in very bad shape! I couldn't give it away if I tried. I'm fine with the power the truck makes so I am done with engine mods except for the studs, still need to do those. Time to make the outside look good.

Wojo

Reaction score
Truck looks great. Its almost a twin to my truck. Mines 4wd and has a few more ext mods than yours tho. Good work

Latest posts

Members online