08 tow mirror questions.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Install and removal of the mirrors is simple and well covered. Ill skip that part. I will say though if your by yourself do your self a favor and roll down both Windows before you start. Once you unplug either side on the power windows you cannot roll down the windows. Also fishing the wiring is fairly simple windows up or down but if they are down you can hold and position the mirror easier. I installed the mirrors and plugged them in and they function properly according to the power controls. So far everything works lights signals etc. I have no real way to check the heat but am under the assumption it works as well. Overall they look pretty good and fit pretty well. I looked them over in hand and didnt see anything out of the ordinary but after install i did notice the passenger large mirror does have a tiny bit of distortion not alot but i could see it. Not a deal breaker to me as based on the purchase price i could replace the glass and be ahead if i needed to. The best way i could describe the distortion is like if you didnt get a carlite glass windsheild and used the cheap windshields you can see some wavyness. Its there not a big deal though it dosent inhibit function or looks and is not glaringly obvious. uploadfromtaptalk1455158176796.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455158185922.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455158196226.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455158205012.jpg

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I havent had the chance to put road miles but overall the mirrors feel pretty solid so i dont think ill have issues. The idea to buy these came as ive wanted new 08 style mirrors for a while and i noticed them while looking for replacement glass for fairly cheap. I decided to post my mirrors on craigslist pretty much as a feeler to see if i could sell the mirrors to pay for the upgrade or even recoup some of the expense. Sold the mirrors the next afternoon for $165. Purchased these mirrors for $160 with free shipping. So basically its a free upgrade. There likely are better quality and definately more expensive mirrors on the market but these fit the bill and the budget. They were listed as mtl brand and range in price on ebay.

Koda22

Reaction score
Glad to hear this....guess I found my next purchase.....do you happen to have a link to the buyer you got urs from? Also was the plug the right plug? Or did ha have to cut anything?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
It was completely plug and play. I did have to cut the little tab which is under the insulation to get it to fit right. Also the mirror does not come with nuts but i just used the factory ones off my old mirror

Latest posts

Members online