100mph question.

lzam6285

Reaction score
I have a 2004 F-250 6.0 I noticed the other day when I was in my way home from work getting on the highway, peddle to the metal I hit 100mph and then it started breaking up. I'm imagining there is some kind of governing going on but it feels like it has so much more to give :). Has anyone else experienced this, can this be fixed with tuning?

Atsah

Reaction score
I'm guessing but I would think you hit the rev limiter.. I know on tuners I have had they included removing the rev and speed limiters in the tuning..

truckshopkustoms

Reaction score
lol have you try turning the key? try that next time, we had a work truck we did that too. It would get up and go. But the old 6.0 didnt like anything over 3800rmps, it had three lpop's and front covers installed on it because of it.

jdc753

Reaction score
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge or any way to check high pressure oil maybe?

Stock tuning my truck runs 93 on the limiter, but it is stone cold smooth with the foot to the floor on the limiter, just as if you set the cruise control.

Other than that most I have ever run is 115mph and it was ready to pull faster, but I have never seen any sort of break up over 100

I have experienced the motor sounding like its breaking up when fuel pressure is wicked low (gelled filters) where it would start to break up and sputter a little.

Speed limit 65mph? LOL

speed limit? what is this you speak of?

lzam6285

Reaction score
I have SCT Livewire with canned tunes if that helps. I dont realy drive that fast so its not that big of a deal i just noticed it and wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. I do need to get a fuel pressure guage though.

Latest posts

Members online