11-14 reliability compared to 15s

bigaF250

Reaction score
I know they haven't been out long but I have the chance to get a screaming deal on either truck. Price is obviously more on the 15 but if I'm spending that kind of money which is better. I know the 15 hasn't been out long enough to know the true life on them but what has been seen thus far?

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Relibilty wise the 11-14's have been solid with exception of turbos, mostly.

My 11 went through 2.

The 15 has a "better turbo" supposed to be stronger. Plus Ford incorporated a functioning exhaust brake this time.

I would go for the 15.

Oh wait I did....😊😊

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
A true exhaust brake, like the Cummins' trucks?

As stated above, they are using the variable vanes in the turbo to control the flow out the exhaust for exhaust braking. Cummins uses the same type of brake. As does the Duramax.

It does seem to work quite well though.

92f350cc

Reaction score
Theoretically the new turbo should be more reliable, as it eliminates the balance issues that the dual-compressor turbo had on the 11-14 models.

I guess the big question is what did they do to the HPFP system?

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Theoretically the new turbo should be more reliable, as it eliminates the balance issues that the dual-compressor turbo had on the 11-14 models.

Hopefully the turbo proves to be better.

Fuel, not 100% sure, I will say my 2015 runs way harder than my 2011 did. But I am also at 6200 ft and go up from there so......

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score

Ford claims the 15's have larger injectors and a larger pump. Anybody know the specs in comparison to the first generation 6.7's?

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics I stole from SPE's thread they started in the aftermarket section on 15 turbos internals to the 11-14.
The 15 is on the left.
u4a3eveh.jpg
6yne7u4a.jpg
e2e6avyt.jpg

Latest posts

Members online