13-16 Spartan tuning

Sharp Shooter

Reaction score
I finally got my tuner ordered yesterday and I have a question for you guys that are already running the tuning. Is there any certain driving style needed after loading to let the transmission relearn, like with the SCT?

uga33

Reaction score
I finally got my tuner ordered yesterday and I have a question for you guys that are already running the tuning. Is there any certain driving style needed after loading to let the transmission relearn, like with the SCT?

There is a learning process involved, but the new tuning seems to adapt very quickly compared to past stuff. Tuning the truck is also faster.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I would like to see it mounted in the vent below the a pillar. I've done it in multiple mustangs and my s5 and had no issues whatsoever. The center vent picked up the slack

dawashi

Reaction score
I really enjoy the drivability of my truck now that the parts fell off. I waited specifically for SP@rtunes I have only tried the 500 race not enhanced trans. But the new updates are spot on smooth and powerful, I am in Fairbanks ak subzero temps and icy roads haven't really be able to get on it but really nice and smooth. Would recommend them to anyone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Load the tune and drive. Every tune shifts perfect right from the start. That being said I would drive it around for a few minutes and let it shift through the gears a few times before a 4x4 launch to 100.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
Drivability is fantastic on my 2013. Shifts are soft until you get on her then they firm up. I don't get any gear skips or searching once it learns. Power is great and the pedal isn't overly sensitive. Right now the nguage is not a great monitor (many sensors do not read or are not accurately reading) and had some bugs to work out (like codes from no limit intake), but the tuning is worth every penny. S p a r t a n is aware of the issues and has indicated they are working on it.

drservo

Reaction score
So people with S p a r t a n do you see an actual difference? I know Trans tuning would be better, but also, how about motor noise, and just drivability?

Much difference in drivability. Engine has a louder rattle and exhaust has a completely different sound for some reason than others tunes I've ran. The exhaust sound is quieter with Spar than others, I'm running a muffler also so those without might not be able to hear a difference.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Definitely drives great, best shifting by far.

It does have a small learning curve to it though, as the shifting on the 550 enhanced is different than any other tune I've had. But I'm used to it and it moves out

syrupdawg

Reaction score
I got the chance to race a Sp@rt@n tuned 6.4 yesterday. We were on a highway in Mexico and could only go from a roll. I don't know the guy that had it but he had a huge Sp@rt@n Tuned sticker in his rear window. Both trucks are CCSB 4wd his looked like it had 33" tires and mine has 35" tires. He was by himself and I had 3 passengers with me plus my tools in the truck and he had an empty bed.

Results were from a 55-over 100 mph roll (don't know exactly how fast but I'm guessing around 105-110 he pulled less than half a truck length on me. I was very impressed with my 6.7. I honestly think you take my passengers and tools out and it would have been a dead even race.

Sp@rt@n: Find us 20 more HP please :evil

Notneb

Reaction score
I got the chance to race a Sp@rt@n tuned 6.4 yesterday. We were on a highway in Mexico and could only go from a roll. I don't know the guy that had it but he had a huge Sp@rt@n Tuned sticker in his rear window. Both trucks are CCSB 4wd his looked like it had 33" tires and mine has 35" tires. He was by himself and I had 3 passengers with me plus my tools in the truck and he had an empty bed.

Results were from a 55-over 100 mph roll (don't know exactly how fast but I'm guessing around 105-110 he pulled less than half a truck length on me. I was very impressed with my 6.7. I honestly think you take my passengers and tools out and it would have been a dead even race.

Rule of thumb is 10hp needed for every 100lbs extra of weight. Soooo assuming an average of 150hp per person, that's 45hp extra for 3 people, and your tools would add more too. So losing the people alone would've been pretty even I'd say. Very impressive!

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score

600 Enhanced I assume?

cranky1

Reaction score
Some guys might get mad at this question, but what has the sprtn tuning done to your mpg? I'm really wanting to get rid of parts and would be happy with 2 more mpg, especially towing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.