13-16 Spartan tuning

tiderancher

Reaction score
Just read through the majority of this thread and holy moly it's a lot of information. How are the '13 and '14 guys like the ngauge? Also, I like how the sotf option is a knob with the power markings etched on the plastic surround, but I would like to replace the power outlet below the 4x4 knob instead of the one on the passenger side. Would there be an option to have that shroud labeled or is that something I would have to source myself?

Also I saw it was mentioned that the somebody would rather run a cts2 for gauges and an OBD2 splitter would be needed to read both, but the splitters have bad reviews on being able to run 2 devices at once. The sotf option will still work if the ngauge is unplugged and using the cts2 as gauges right? I think I read somewhere that it will, just wanting to verify before I start ordering parts. Thanks in advance.

The nGauge is great in my opinion. It flashes in a flash, it has more options than you can possibly imagine. The tunes seem to be great. No comparison as this is my 1st truck. I am glad I made this purchase as my truck is wicked fast and sounds phenomenal. Why worry about a larger monitor? Are you looking at the dash or the road? :)

sootie

Reaction score
The nGauge is great in my opinion. It flashes in a flash, it has more options than you can possibly imagine. The tunes seem to be great. No comparison as this is my 1st truck. I am glad I made this purchase as my truck is wicked fast and sounds phenomenal. Why worry about a larger monitor? Are you looking at the dash or the road? :)

most of us care about our trucks and have more done to them than just a tuner-hence the reason to want to monitor certain parameters.

tiderancher

Reaction score
most of us care about our trucks and have more done to them than just a tuner-hence the reason to want to monitor certain parameters.

Sootie,

Your tone is patronizing. No s*#t we care about our trucks. You and I have damn near the same set up but your pockets seem a bit deeper than mine. My point is simply that the ngauge IS an awesome tuner and it is capable of monitoring many parameters. So many in fact you practically need to be a diesel engineer, which I am not, to utilize all of them. With the ability to have 6 variables on screen at a time seems plenty when driving down the road. If you need pretty digital dials and colorfully displayed parameters why do you drive a truck? Buy a Tesla. The point is, in my opinion and answering a question regarding 13-14's, the nGauge is sweet. This fourm didn't need your indignant input so why be snarky? That is a redundant question, meaning it not need be answered.

sootie

Reaction score
Sootie,

Your tone is patronizing. No s*#t we care about our trucks. You and I have damn near the same set up but your pockets seem a bit deeper than mine. My point is simply that the ngauge IS an awesome tuner and it is capable of monitoring many parameters. So many in fact you practically need to be a diesel engineer, which I am not, to utilize all of them. With the ability to have 6 variables on screen at a time seems plenty when driving down the road. If you need pretty digital dials and colorfully displayed parameters why do you drive a truck? Buy a Tesla. The point is, in my opinion and answering a question regarding 13-14's, the nGauge is sweet. This fourm didn't need your indignant input so why be snarky? That is a redundant question, meaning it not need be answered.

because personal preference is what makes the world go 'round... Don't be condescending because YOU feel the nGauge is adequate for YOU.

Lasvegas67

Reaction score
I love the Sprtn tunes on my 2013 but I still can't accurately monitor many of the parameters. It's not very useful as a monitor right now

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Sootie,

*sigh* Another new guy from Facebook I see... I love how even though this is your first truck, you're coming off as an expert... Why need "pretty" displays? Are you serious or trolling? That's a redundant answer as well ;)

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Let's cut out the bull**** in this thread.

nGauge isn't a nice of a monitor as nDash; that's why there are two separate products. It will, however, be receiving a firmware update very soon to address some of the quirks and add some functionality.

nDash is designed "50/50" as a monitor/tuner. nGauge is primarily a tuner, with some decent monitoring functions added on. nDash support will be brought on as soon as possible, but the software side of that endeavor is not in our hands- therefore we don't have control of the schedule. There is a ton of development already going on in the background.

tiderancher

Reaction score
*sigh* Another new guy from Facebook I see... I love how even though this is your first truck, you're coming off as an expert... Why need "pretty" displays? Are you serious or trolling? That's a redundant answer as well ;)

By no means claiming to be anything but a noob. I just posted a reply to a guy who has a similar truck mine, not a 15-16, and all I get in return is some unnecessary commentary from someone else not pertaining to the original question. Why can't people just stick to the topic instead of jabbing at people- Myself included as my post was as snarky as they get.
I came to this forum looking for help. I received some good advice and rolled the dice. I am very please with the nGauge. That is my experience with it. Am I not allowed to share my experience no matter how limited?

What's Facebook?

:bs:

Last edited:

Nj67

Reaction score
It seems as though thats the new trend on here. Lots of guys preach about the diesel community but do nothing to help those who come here to learn and get answers.

A guy posts a question and gets 3 or 4 replys from people who either answered him or tried to. But then 20 or 30 people feel the need to rip the topic open and give opinions on what the op should or should have done / do.

Starting to remind me of the nation.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Broke 20

Reaction score
Sorry gentlemen I didn't mean to start a pissing match! Simply put, I don't like the ngauge for monitoring. I will be using the cts2 and making a mounting bracket similar to one I saw another thread. I appreciate the posts regarding the MY '13-'14, seems like this tuner will be the right choice.

I am going to talk to my local ford dealership to see if I can't get a hold of that 12v outlet shroud below the 4x4 knob. I have access to a laser etcher at work, and I might destroy a few trying to find the settings but hopefully I can turn out something decent.

Please keep posting experiences and updates, this thread is full of useful information and it would be a shame to be de-railed because of personal opinions.

Notneb

Reaction score
Sorry gentlemen I didn't mean to start a pissing match! Simply put, I don't like the ngauge for monitoring. I will be using the cts2 and making a mounting bracket similar to one I saw another thread. I appreciate the posts regarding the MY '13-'14, seems like this tuner will be the right choice.

I am going to talk to my local ford dealership to see if I can't get a hold of that 12v outlet shroud below the 4x4 knob. I have access to a laser etcher at work, and I might destroy a few trying to find the settings but hopefully I can turn out something decent.

Please keep posting experiences and updates, this thread is full of useful information and it would be a shame to be de-railed because of personal opinions.

Pfft happens all the time, the beauty of forums :p Make sure to put up a build thread when you do your SOTF mod!

tiderancher

Reaction score
It seems as though thats the new trend on here. Lots of guys preach about the diesel community but do nothing to help those who come here to learn and get answers.

A guy posts a question and gets 3 or 4 replys from people who either answered him or tried to. But then 20 or 30 people feel the need to rip the topic open and give opinions on what the op should or should have done / do.

Starting to remind me of the nation.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank you. And my point exactly. I came here looking for answers and received some sound advice. For that I am greatful. My apologies for my indignant remarks, all though in response to a sootie-pants, I am still here for knowledge and even though I know little about diesel science I do have experience with the nGauge. It is an awesome product. Yes, the ndash looks like a dream machine more suited for aircraft than trucks but isn't that what were really trying to do with our trucks; fly?

Back to the topic:

Any other 13-14 owners out there to coment on their experience with the S-tan tuning? I definitely want more knowledge!

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Well darn. Looks like we have to wait until after June. Knowing how picky Matt is with his releases, might end up being August. I dont really want to wait that long. Might have to go with the NGauge with SOTF.

zack birge

Reaction score
Matt - any possibility of getting a file for a non vgt turbo setup? I have one waiting to go on but can't install until a file is available or I switch tuning.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Honestly with the oil temp and trans temp on the dash. I have the nguage mounted in a nice spot and don't even turn it on or care to have another monitor. I have spent so many years paying more attention to gauges and monitors more then watching the road that it's actually nice to just get in and drive. That being said I am not racing the truck like I use to my last ones either.

strokin20

Reaction score
Version 1.1 update for 2015/2016 nGauge is available.

Please give us a call, or email tech support to receive the updated files.

v1.1 changes are as follows:

400HP calibration added

DTC P2074 fix implemented

DTC P0402 fix implemented

DTC P0236 fix implemented

Part throttle 2-3 shift minor adjustment (cleaned up the shift a bit).

I'll be putting out version 2.0 when SOTF becomes available, with more further refinements to shifting and lockup .

Hey Matt, I see you said you have the P2074 fix implemented in the V1.1 files, but I am still getting it every few days. I'm running the No Limit Stage 2 intake if that makes any difference. Anybody else still getting it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Broke 20

Reaction score
Just ordered weight reduction parts and the ngauge+cts2 :redspotdance: Now i just have to patiently wait for them to get here and sotf to be released

Latest posts

Members online