13-16 Spartan tuning

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
The problem is, various different systems tend to be linked together so eliminating one things can have a ripple effect on other functions. For instance, disabling EGR function can also cause the deactivation of the exhaust brake feature. The issue is getting what you want with what you don't want! For example, with the '15's there was trouble with trucks getting shorts in their unused under truck plugs which didn't affect the emissions, however it did the glow plug operation. Ford is very slick!

NHRMK

Reaction score
Sorry if i missed it but with ******* tuners is there a way to flash and remove like SCT? I currently have a Edge CTS2 for monitoring and I would like to keep this for gauge purposes. Thanks guys.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Honestly if it had to be I would rather the egr on and a functioning exhaust brake on say the 400 or 450 tune. If I am running the 500+ tune I am not towing enough to need the exhaust brake anyways.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I've towed north of 20k behind me on the 600 enhanced tune. Multiple times. Never had an issue. Put her in tow haul on the shifter and let it down shift and the exhaust brake slightly works also. It'll build over 10psi of boost and over 20psi of ebp while downshifting in any tune from s p a r t a n.

jbair14

Reaction score
White '15 try taking that weight down a mountain pass and hold 55mph. Unfortunately I do it often and have to constantly be on my brakes which is no fun when it's snow packed!!

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
White '15 try taking that weight down a mountain pass and hold 55mph. Unfortunately I do it often and have to constantly be on my brakes which is no fun when it's snow packed!!
What size brakes on your trailer?My horse trailer is 43 ft long and has 12k disc brakes,I can stop my truck with just the trailer brakes .
f37397766604d039cff0cb1ae1962bad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbair14

Reaction score
I have good brakes on the trailer, it's the 7% grade that the trucks motor won't hold the trailer back. I can come to a complete stop no problem, I just can't maintain a controllable speed without constantly hitting the brakes. In the newer Chevy's and Dodge's the engine/exhaust braking will hold the trailer back without you having to hit the brakes.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I have good brakes on the trailer, it's the 7% grade that the trucks motor won't hold the trailer back. I can come to a complete stop no problem, I just can't maintain a controllable speed without constantly hitting the brakes. In the newer Chevy's and Dodge's the engine/exhaust braking will hold the trailer back without you having to hit the brakes.

Why don't you manually pic a gear ,to help slow down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online