13-16 Spartan tuning

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Got the 600QR loaded up tonight. I do like it. Feel like I am more in control of the throttle. Still a ways short of a 6.4 but much better. I really like the shifting. 2-3 with the lock up feels much more clean with how it locks up. I like how it is more firm as you get into the throttle yet still nice and smooth light throttle as it has been.

I don't think I would adapt the quick response to all the tunes but it has its place. I would like the see the shifting of the 500+ tunes more like the 600qr. If I was to pick tunes for SOTF I would currently say 450race(towing), 550race(daily driver), 600QR(fun)

Awesome to watch the progress and hear the details for what is actually done to change the tunes. :toast:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
The new firmer trans file could be paired with any of the original non-QR engine files.

As for a 500 and 550QR, I'll get those uploaded by the weekend.

higherlife

Reaction score
Actual throttle sensitivity was not altered. The same amount of pedal will produce the same amount of torque as before.

This alters (removes, rather) the pedal lag time. There are ramps for transient pedal movements that create pedal lag.

In other words, you give 20% pedal in an abrupt movement. The ECM dampens that response by ramping the pedal from 0% to 20% over a period of time. We removed that time period, allowing a direct response from the pedal to torque management.

Is this the same when you let off the pedal? It goes from 20% to 0% with no dampening? I had cruise control on and when I tapped the brakes it felt like this was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Is this the same when you let off the pedal? It goes from 20% to 0% with no dampening? I had cruise control on and when I tapped the brakes it felt like this was happening.

Correct. If it's too harsh, I could dampen that event individually before we release production files.

higherlife

Reaction score
Correct. If it's too harsh, I could dampen that event individually before we release production files.

It's just different. I like having full control with the pedal. Only time it's happened when I have cruise control on and I turn it off. When cruising 85 it felt like the tires went flat.

Latest posts

Members online