13 Platinum build… long read but worth it

CT9AIX

Reaction score
hell, that's not too far. maybe i'll see ya around one of these days...would love to check it out in person. looks awesome!

smcox1

Reaction score
I went back and forth with that for a while. Nobody had it done like that yet that I could find so I went with it. There were already several out there with white buckets and black projectors. Just trying to be different I guess. I'm already thinking of sending them back to Retro Shop to change them up because I saw a set on here that I love.

I understand they look good however I think black buckets with the shrouds ptm white would fit the theme of the truck better.

jordan572

Reaction score
I understand they look good however I think black buckets with the shrouds ptm white would fit the theme of the truck better.

I'm thinking he's got that in his mind as he just said he is thinking about sending them back to the retro shop. Either way that truck is too clean, it is now time to sell it because there is no longer anything else to do to it :hammer:.

RSK

Reaction score
I love the truck, I wanted to do 4.5-5.5' lift with 37's on my truck but don't think it would be too plow friendly, so for this winter it will be leveled with carli 2.5" progressive rate coils on 35" and i will be plowing on my 22" bmf novakanes. with a new stainless v blade from fisher. Post a picture or two with the truck on 35" with the plow hooked up. what's your username on instagram?

vrog

Reaction score
I'm thinking he's got that in his mind as he just said he is thinking about sending them back to the retro shop. Either way that truck is too clean, it is now time to sell it because there is no longer anything else to do to it :hammer:.

Im going back and forth about your "test lights" Only problem is I don't have any headlights to use should I send these back out.

In regards to selling it, I really want to do a dually. My only problem is I would be starting all over. This one is done and really can't do much else to it. What really sucks is in RI if you trade your truck in you don't get any sales tax credit towards a new one. So right away i would be $4200ish in the hole. Granted I would have a new truck but in reality it would be the same thing I already have just not all done up.

So in my crazy thinking I thinks its cheaper to sell my lift and wheels and go for a bigger lift and bigger wheels and tires. Only will do this if i get bored. Maybe a body style change will come then I can start over. Always thinking of something, never happy are we??? LOL

Last edited:

jordan572

Reaction score
Im going back and forth about your "test lights" Only problem is I don't have any headlights to use should I send these back out.

In regards to selling it, I really want to do a dually. My only problem is I would be starting all over. This one is done and really can't do much else to it. What really sucks is in RI if you trade your truck in you don't get any sales tax credit towards a new one. So right away i would be $4200ish in the hole. Granted I would have a new truck but in reality it would be the same thing I already have just not all done up.

So in my crazy thinking I thinks its cheaper to sell my lift and wheels and go for a bigger lift and bigger wheels and tires. Only will do this if i get bored. Maybe a body style change will come then I can start over. Always thinking of something, never happy are we??? LOL

:pimp:, I'll be all over that new body super duty when it comes out. Finally I'm thinking were going to see a complete redesign. I just hope the keep a similar interior, the setup Ford has right now is perfect.

As far as bigger lift, wheels and tires that's awesome but that setup you have is honestly perfect. Looks really cool but still functions as a perfect daily driver, throw on 24's and 40's hanging a foot out and one day you walk out to the truck like :wtf:. Haha, I'm thinking 2017 is gonna be it.

vrog

Reaction score
:pimp:, I'll be all over that new body super duty when it comes out. Finally I'm thinking were going to see a complete redesign. I just hope the keep a similar interior, the setup Ford has right now is perfect.

As far as bigger lift, wheels and tires that's awesome but that setup you have is honestly perfect. Looks really cool but still functions as a perfect daily driver, throw on 24's and 40's hanging a foot out and one day you walk out to the truck like :wtf:. Haha, I'm thinking 2017 is gonna be it.

If 2017 is gonna be the year then I'm gonna say screw it and just do a dually. Good Ole Josh Said he won't sell me another lift for my truck or wheels and tires. He said stop doing things twice and move on to next truck lol. maybe he is right.

IA Farmer

Reaction score
Truck looks fantastic, great job on the build. Question though, I took my grill and emblems off my truck this weekend and I called to get it painted and my painter said paint wouldn't stick to the platinum grill and fender vents. How did you get paint to hold on yours? I really want to get mine done.

jordan572

Reaction score
If 2017 is gonna be the year then I'm gonna say screw it and just do a dually. Good Ole Josh Said he won't sell me another lift for my truck or wheels and tires. He said stop doing things twice and move on to next truck lol. maybe he is right.

If I recall that silver 6.7 of his was built rather mild then it got jacked up with coilovers and the works. Hater...

vrog

Reaction score
Truck looks fantastic, great job on the build. Question though, I took my grill and emblems off my truck this weekend and I called to get it painted and my painter said paint wouldn't stick to the platinum grill and fender vents. How did you get paint to hold on yours? I really want to get mine done.

I had to buy all new paint to match parts from Ford.

Grill surround
Mirror Caps
Door Handles

I also bought new Emblems front and rear to take apart so he wouldn't have to do it.

I had to leave the stock grill bars and tail gate piece though as you can't buy those paint to match

vrog

Reaction score
If I recall that silver 6.7 of his was built rather mild then it got jacked up with coilovers and the works. Hater...

Yeah exactly!! LOL

Problem is The perfect look for me is 8" lift, 24x12 and 38's. He kept telling me right from the start I should do that seeing how thats what always catches my eye.

The real problem was going to SDP and seeing 12" lift on 40's Damn that looked good.LOL

jordan572

Reaction score

A ton is in the prep work and the materials being used, ideally nobody wants to paint but if prepped right it shouldn't be an issue any more than the next material imo.

jordan572

Reaction score
Yeah exactly!! LOL

Problem is The perfect look for me is 8" lift, 24x12 and 38's. He kept telling me right from the start I should do that seeing how thats what always catches my eye.

The real problem was going to SDP and seeing 12" lift on 40's Damn that looked good.LOL

Yea 40's are "cool" but daily driving them may be a little much. Mandatory you have to run a 14'' wide imo. I'm not a good opinion but some say the oe steering gear doesn't like 40's too much, money can fix anything though I think. A little ram assist will clear that up, fudge it 2 foot lift on 46's!

vrog

Reaction score
Yea 40's are "cool" but daily driving them may be a little much. Mandatory you have to run a 14'' wide imo. I'm not a good opinion but some say the oe steering gear doesn't like 40's too much, money can fix anything though I think. A little ram assist will clear that up, fudge it 2 foot lift on 46's!

I think my current setup is ideal for what I use the truck for. However 8" lift, 24x12 and 38s could prob work just fine too lol. As would a dually with 22.5's or 24's hahahaha

RSK

Reaction score
Yeah exactly!! LOL

yah but those those trucks don't get driven ever. having a platinum on 24/37's and driving it everyday is pretty damn good, I mean its a work truck, it gets used for work truck things. Sean's truck's don't get used period he even told me he doesn't drive them hardly at all. 40's are cool but completely useless on something that is gonna be used for a truck. I think 35's or 37's are about as big as anyone would want to go if they towing a trailer everyday or loading a lot of stuff in the bed of a truck. personally I plan to go with a leveling kit and 35's for mine.

vrog

Reaction score
yah but those those trucks don't get driven ever. having a platinum on 24/37's and driving it everyday is pretty damn good, I mean its a work truck, it gets used for work truck things. Sean's truck's don't get used period he even told me he doesn't drive them hardly at all. 40's are cool but completely useless on something that is gonna be used for a truck. I think 35's or 37's are about as big as anyone would want to go if they towing a trailer everyday or loading a lot of stuff in the bed of a truck. personally I plan to go with a leveling kit and 35's for mine.

Very true. I just loaded up 50 or so 50lb bags of sand in my truck by hand this morning. I asked myself wtf was I thinking lifting this truckLOL

Latest posts

Members online