15 turbo in a 13

Kyle308

Reaction score
Hey guys I just put a 15 charger in 13 truck Friday first time I've done the swap I was under the impression that we can do the swap without ******** anything else. So the truck is 100% stock except the 15 turbo. I was having issues with a wastegate check engine light. So I had ********** write some tunes for it and now I don't have a check engine light but I do have a low boost and serious lag issues. It only sees 16psi max. I'm going to put the scanner on it tomorrow and see if there is anything obviously wrong. But I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue or has successfully swapped a 15 turbo in a stock truck. Cause what I keep hearing is it won't work with the *** on it. Thanks in advance

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys I just put a 15 charger in 13 truck Friday first time I've done the swap I was under the impression that we can do the swap without ******** anything else. So the truck is 100% stock except the 15 turbo. I was having issues with a wastegate check engine light. So I had ********** write some tunes for it and now I don't have a check engine light but I do have a low boost and serious lag issues. It only sees 16psi max. I'm going to put the scanner on it tomorrow and see if there is anything obviously wrong. But I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue or has successfully swapped a 15 turbo in a stock truck. Cause what I keep hearing is it won't work with the *** on it. Thanks in advance

emissions present tuning with a 15 turbo can be a nightmare. ive seen it a couple times.

Kyle308

Reaction score
So I talked to Eric he thinks we messed something up. The the truck runs good if we unplug the wastegate control solenoid but throws a check engine light. If we leave it plugged in it clicks really loud. Also the e....g.....r...t senor 1 reads -40 but the truck doesn't have that sensor I don't think. The old rh manifold and up pipe didn't have a spot for a temp senor the new pipe has a spot though. Any advice would be awesome thanks

sootie

Reaction score
The hole in the new RH up pipe just gets plugged unless you are adding an external egt sensor

Latest posts

Members online