15 turbo retro fit

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Does the waste gate actuator vacuum line need to be plugged when bolting a 15 turbo to an 11-14 truck? I've got it all bolted up and didn't know if anything had to be done with that or not? Thanks guys!

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
The new turbo did away with the waste gate so there is the vacuum line just sitting there with nothing to plug into. I plugged it and took the truck down the street and seems good to go. Thing sounds totally different and you can tell it's pushing some air out the back!! I'm not sad to lose the waste gate screech either, I didn't mind the WTF was that noise looks but this thing is quiet without that screech.

Keith

dseitler

Reaction score
Larger turbo they figured it would not need a wastegate. Little did they know we would be doing this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
If football wasn't on, I'd be putting some miles on her so I guess I'll drive around tomorrow. I'm impressed with what little I did drive, taking it easy on her at first but seems really strong once the boost comes up.

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I already checked the site to see if they were available!! I'm ready when you are!! As far as how long it took sleeper, I had everything stripped off before the kit showed up and had about 2 1/2 hours in removal and about 3 1/2 in the install drinking coffee the whole time. Very straight forward and not a big deal really. I didn't rush anything and just took my time.

Keith

Reaction score
Not bad at all. I am contemplating just going ahead and upgrading so i don't get stuck some where and have to dump money in to another 11-14 turbo to get home. Truck has 83k on it and i hate being broke down.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Do it. I've sold a couple kit's to local guy's and they love it. They said it they did loose a little bit on the bottom end on a bone stock truck, but tuned this would be a fun setup.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I can't believe how quiet the truck is, no whistle or waste gate screech but you can tell it's pushing some air. I had some oil in the exhaust from the stocker letting go so I'm going out on the highway today to get her nice and hot and burn/blow that crap outta there. It did lose a little down low but once the engine gets the rpm's up a bit, the boost just comes on. Not like a nitrous hit but a noticeable bump in power. That being said, I didn't stab the throttle but I might have to play a little bit today......... You know, to clean out the exhaust. :D

Keith

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I can't believe how quiet the truck is, no whistle or waste gate screech but you can tell it's pushing some air. I had some oil in the exhaust from the stocker letting go so I'm going out on the highway today to get her nice and hot and burn/blow that crap outta there. It did lose a little down low but once the engine gets the rpm's up a bit, the boost just comes on. Not like a nitrous hit but a noticeable bump in power. That being said, I didn't stab the throttle but I might have to play a little bit today......... You know, to clean out the exhaust. :D

Keith

Videos or it's not real life!

Reaction score

Keith

Did you get a stock '15 turbo?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Yes, I went with cast and not billet. I don't really plan to add fuel, in the near future anyway. Any idea what a safe boost level is with this setup? Cruising at 70, I gave it half throttle and hit my defuel of 36psi. That is with SPE Hot X tuning. The sound this thing makes when it boosts is crazy!!

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I don't have any video but I did take a before and after picture. Looks just like Morgan's picture.
This is after.

Keith

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 145

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
This is before, like I said, nothing real exciting. With the intake on, unless you look real hard under there, you can't tell any difference. Until you give it some throttle!!

Keith

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.