16 inch Wilwood brakes install

ingrahams

Reaction score
6D30C8A0-2B7F-4927-AFD6-F8D2EFA25A6A_zpsnngpuvvz.jpg

It's close but they fit without modifying anything

444whitehorse

Reaction score
For both ends of other truck, just your first born. That's all. Lol jk.

About 5 grand it looks like. I've drooled over these for a while just have never seen them on a truck or heard performance numbers. Ham, you have both ends done or just fronts?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Todd TCE

Reaction score
Mine clear my 20's. Not sure why your having a problem.

The reason you have the clearance you do is that you have a TCE/Wiwood kit (the original) and not the newer factory kits being mentioned by the OP.

The TCE kits use a different hat and caliper. Both offer improved wheel clearance- the hat being deeper offset and the caliper body width being just under 1" shallower. All that combined (along with drilled/slotted rotors not available on the Wilwood factory kit) pushes the entire system closer to the engine: maximum wheel clearance.

There are, like all purchases, pros and cons to both. As we see here.

444whitehorse

Reaction score
Todd, could you elaborate to the *cons* of the tce kit over a factory kit? Also, I'd be interested in more information on the drilled/slotted rotor you mention. I've heard that rotors that have been drilled have a tendency to crack under heavier use ie towing. I've ran drilled/slotted rotors on a few jeeps with no problems, but that's a #5k suv with 30" tires.. Not a #8k full size truck with 35's and quite frequently, #10-15k on a trailer.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.