'16 platinum steering wheel

06-sixoh

Reaction score
So these steering wheels are heated? SMH. Who really needs that feature? Geeze.

How do I get one and is there a writeup to make it functional? Ive been searching, but I haven't found anything yet. TIA

steven.johnson1

Reaction score
My 2014 Platinum had a heated steering wheel as well. It's nice on a cold morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dawashi

Reaction score
You must not live in Alaska that is one of my favorite features on my 15 lol

Jgon08

Reaction score
So these steering wheels are heated? SMH. Who really needs that feature? Geeze.

How do I get one and is there a writeup to make it functional? Ive been searching, but I haven't found anything yet. TIA

It's great I loved it in my platty.

drservo

Reaction score
Very nice, especially when it and the seats heat up automatically with remote start on a cold morning.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I figured it was a nice feature. Does anybody know anything about the interchange of the two steering wheels while making the heated feature still functional?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice feature I guess, but I swear things like this are what's making people such cry babies nowadays. No offense OP it is a generalization.

The steering wheels, I'm sure, will mount the same they use the same airbag. It could be as simple as a plug and play. Could possibly need Clockspring change, or maybe need IDS to make the truck "know" it's there, or a SJB reflash. If you want it to function exactly as factory.

If you had the schematic you could probably tie it into a upfitter switch, or whatever else you wanted it to be triggered on by.

Notneb

Reaction score
Label me a p*ssy, but I freaking love my steering wheel, and if you have arthritis it's a must!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
The controls are in the radio cluster....if it's not something that can be programmed in surely you could find the trigger wire and put it on a switch.

Mechcont

Reaction score
I love it too!!!! It is nice to have when its 20 degrees outside.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The controls are in the radio cluster....if it's not something that can be programmed in surely you could find the trigger wire and put it on a switch.

Yes. In the myford touch screen...just to reiterate.

My car has it. Very nice.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
So we're thinking it has to be programmed by the dealer, or use one of my aux switches for the heated feature?

Looked up the price on one of those bad boys the other days... $600. ouch. what did I really expect though. lol

TrickTruck

Reaction score
You could probably get a new truck cheaper.

Wife has it on her '15 F150 and it's pretty darn nice.

Not nice enough to spend a gazillion dollars on it when a pair of gloves will work.

My next truck will have it. No idea when 'next' will be, I tend to keep my vehicles a long time.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I took the truck over to a friend's house who has the ford programming on his toughbook. We went through all the programming and he asked if I had a heated steering wheel. Apparently its just that easy. Click of a mouse and its activated. Just need the hardware. he also turned off the seatbelt chime for me, which was nice. Also discovered a forced regen option as well, which I thought was interesting.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice feature I guess, but I swear things like this are what's making people such cry babies nowadays. No offense OP it is a generalization.

The steering wheels, I'm sure, will mount the same they use the same airbag. It could be as simple as a plug and play. Could possibly need Clockspring change, or maybe need IDS to make the truck "know" it's there, or a SJB reflash. If you want it to function exactly as factory.

If you had the schematic you could probably tie it into a upfitter switch, or whatever else you wanted it to be triggered on by.

Label me a p*ssy, but I freaking love my steering wheel, and if you have arthritis it's a must!

Nah, its not making anyone a pussy that wasnt actively pursuing it anyway. I hate having hot air blown in my face and working outside all it does is dry your face and skin out real bad.

I keep the forced air cool (70-75) and use the seat and wheel heat to keep me warm.

If you do any labor type job outside in cold climates its nice to wrap your hands around the warm steering wheel. Takes the ache out of it. My 00 doesnt have it, obviously, but ive been faking it for yeeeeears. I keep clean, fleece gloves on my dash. Ill start the truck and run it on defrost. Get in and put the hot ass gloves on while i drive the first few minutes.

My hands kill me sometimes. From hitting stuff with hammers, and rattle guns on big iron, my hands are beat. Any little bit helps.

TyCorr

Reaction score
So we're thinking it has to be programmed by the dealer, or use one of my aux switches for the heated feature?

Looked up the price on one of those bad boys the other days... $600. ouch. what did I really expect though. lol

Cool. We had ourvremote start on our explorer xlt turned on that way.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Nah, its not making anyone a pussy that wasnt actively pursuing it anyway. I hate having hot air blown in my face and working outside all it does is dry your face and skin out real bad.

I keep the forced air cool (70-75) and use the seat and wheel heat to keep me warm.

If you do any labor type job outside in cold climates its nice to wrap your hands around the warm steering wheel. Takes the ache out of it. My 00 doesnt have it, obviously, but ive been faking it for yeeeeears. I keep clean, fleece gloves on my dash. Ill start the truck and run it on defrost. Get in and put the hot ass gloves on while i drive the first few minutes.

My hands kill me sometimes. From hitting stuff with hammers, and rattle guns on big iron, my hands are beat. Any little bit helps.

Boy do I get this. Even at the tender age of 31, Im starting to feel the aches when it gets colder outside. The worst part about it is, i notice the aches more when Im doing something in my off time. Smoothly pulling an archery release in the middle of an Oklahoma winter with stiff hands isnt always fun.

Latest posts

Members online