16x12s on rear 2wd finally done.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
After quite some time and lots of r&d this setup is done. Our backdate brake kit allowing a 16" wheel to bolt on with no axle or offset changes. 16x12 tucked under rear fender with no mods to fender period. She hooks so good now!
20160513_202441.jpg

20160513_202607.jpg

20160513_202505.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-09-17-01-53.png

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Yes sir! That was a quick driveway launch but I can only imagine on a true track how good they would be. Spinning is reduced 90% on the street over the last 18" drag radials I had.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Im going to leave it like this. And toggle back and forth between harley wheels.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thank you sir. The things are so addictive. Always wanting to do something else!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thanks. Those are Bogart Racing Wheels. I started with 18s. Then moved down to 16s. Yea alot of research put into brake kit because I didn't want to change factory offset or rear axle assembly. It's all worth it in the end now.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Thanks. Those are Bogart Racing Wheels. I started with 18s. Then moved down to 16s. Yea alot of research put into brake kit because I didn't want to change factory offset or rear axle assembly. It's all worth it in the end now.
It's all factor parts on the breaks isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Yes caliper and bracket are factory based parts from a older model f250. The rotor and caliper bracket are machined custom for the newer model trucks to allow a direct bolt on swap. If you have any interest. I did the r&d but Dallas at H&S MOTORSPORTS is who did all the machining and is going to have a complete bolt on kit. Basically a caliper, caliper bracket, and a rotor. And your done . It would be cost effective vs. having to have it all machined. I will tell you the rotors are the tricky part. Because they have to be dead on the money.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Yes caliper and bracket are factory based parts from a older model f250. The rotor and caliper bracket are machined custom for the newer model trucks to allow a direct bolt on swap. If you have any interest. I did the r&d but Dallas at H&S MOTORSPORTS is who did all the machining and is going to have a complete bolt on kit. Basically a caliper, caliper bracket, and a rotor. And your done . It would be cost effective vs. having to have it all machined. I will tell you the rotors are the tricky part. Because they have to be dead on the money.
Will they only be offered in OEM rotor or will there be a drilled/slotted option? I'm very intrested.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I'll tell you me and Dallas talked about doing slotted rotors and possibly doing a dual caliper bracket to gain braking pressure on the smaller diameter rotors. Mine stop great but I'm sure dual calipers would be great. I'll talk with him asap and see what he thinks on the slotted rotors. That would be awesome.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Yeah I just bought Power Stop kit for my puller. Because I built a Dana 80 that had junk breaks. Would have much rather did this. 16" pulling tires and wheels are much cheaper

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Yes sir. The 16" selection on slicks or puller tires is much better. This is a very good option. I'll keep everyone posted on the rotors and dual caliper option. I drove mine around some today. And it's awesome to say the least. It goes!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thanks sir. Yea I love the way it runs on these. Doesn't just spin every time you touch pedal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.