1953 F250 Powerstroke RatRod

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
we've had the charger hooked up the whole time. probably going to take them in to get load tested. they were new when i got the donor truck but they sat around for a while. Walmart specials so not like theyre that great to begin with
you are dropping below 10.5v with a charger on the batteries at the same time?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
unfortunately yeah. itll sit at 13.5+ and then hitting the starter for 3 secs itll go down to ~8. my bets on the batteries still, havent gotten to the truck at all this week. probably gonna swap the ones from my 02 in. if thats not the case i do have a couple other starters around i believe.
To Do list as of now:
-plug in the cluster from the 99
-swap batteries
-swap starter
checking AE and stuff after each step. we're close, i can smell it

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
put the cluster in and most codes went away. 3-4 left but not important. Swapped the starter out to a different one that i had in the shop, turns over much better now and not dropping the batteries down like the other one. brought up the AE and its turning at 150rpms now, ICP only gets up to ~160.
My buddy pulled up a post from golfer and all signs are pointing to the IPR being stuck open. makes sense to me so new IPR and ICP sensor (oil soaked plug so its time) are on the way along with some bushwhacker flares for my 02

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Sure thing, there's still plenty to do and plenty of beer as well. Pulled the sheet metal out of the back to work on the box while waiting for the IPR and ICP

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
I swear ive checked my tracking #s from riffraff like 20 times today. waiting sucks. Side note, got my parts to rebuild the kingpin D60 for my jeep. big axles are goin on the jeep after my buddy and I take the 99 donor cab from this truck and put it on the 85 f150 frame i have out back. We're making a trail truck with a flatbed so we can put a dog box on the back for our hounds

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
It runs!! Unfortunately I have an issue with a glow plug. Luckily its on the passenger side thats easy to get to. Hoping its just the uvch. I have a whole nother set of glow plugs too View attachment 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452314623262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1452314623262.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 140

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Started on the box. Need to shorten it up a bit though. Itll hold my fourwheeler which is all I hoped for. Still need to get some 5th wheel rails and a new water pump
uploadfromtaptalk1454546821890.jpg

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Not much for progress lately. I shortened the box up a foot. Once the floor of the box is done then its time for finishing the wiring. It still seems to crank pretty long before starting, not sure but im thinking of switching to 5-40. I loved it in my 02 and plan on going back on the next change. only having 4 glow plugs doesnt help either but it should be better than it is for sitting in a 50* shop

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
Planning on driving it this weekend if I can get some things done on it this week. Plans can change in a hurry around the farm here so we'll see how that goes

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
Planning on driving it this weekend if I can get some things done on it this week. Plans can change in a hurry around the farm here so we'll see how that goes

Haha, I know how that goes. Just giving you a hard time. Hope everything goes smooth and you have her rolling soon!

Skill_Kills

Reaction score
I ordered some stuff from riffraff today. Hopefully I can put new glow plugs in the pass side, fix the harness and get it to start better. Doing a water pump as well while im at it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.