1997 power stroke stopped running

Max_Mowry

Reaction score
Hi guys, my PSD stopped running about a week ago. Seemed to start, run for a second or two, then stall out. I figured it was the fuel pump so I replaced it. Well it still wouldn't run. So I replace the can sensor also, and it fired right up! Sadly, about 10 minutes of driving(going to get fuel) it died. Im wondering if anyone else has any input. I also bought new fuel bowl heater, all my fuses are not blown. I also have my "wait to start light", no check engine lights or anything.

Mind you this is not the stock engine! When I bought this truck in January, it was a super cab dually with the 7.3 idk non turbo engine. Since then I've done an axle swap, engine swap, tranny swap, basically every nut and bolt on this truck. It also ran fine for 2 months before this happens

Thanks, Max

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413118141676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413118141676.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

Max_Mowry

Reaction score
Yes when I unscrew the cap and crank it over, I can see the fuel level rising

MOOSE_MACHINE

Reaction score
How much fuel do you have in the tank

Nick
2004 NR Commander 21'
5.7 kodiak Hamilton pump
1997 f-350 cclb zf5 160/80, t500, diy bellowed up pipes, 6.0 ic, 38r, diy e-fuel, isspro gauges

corsoauto

Reaction score
dang I hope you got this figured out by now.

Always gotta start with basics. Scan it. even though no check engine light doesnt mean there is not a code in the history.

Check fuel pressure, check oil levels. Then check oil pressure to heads. Also check icp unplug it and see if it starts. see if there is oil in the icp connector.

Also while cranking with a scanner check ipr duty cycle.

Latest posts

Members online