1997 Wont Start when hot

Biggsw784

Reaction score
I have a 97 f350 and when cold it has a extended crank before starting but will start. once hot and you kill it, it will not restart. It has actually died going down the road also. I have changed the mechnical fuel pump by the fuel filter housing and also changed the cam sensor with no improvements. My scanner wont connect to the icp or ipr to watch oil pressures. What else can I check for?? Thanks

ghohouston

Reaction score
I would re ring all the injectors, take the ipr apart and clean it well with solvent or brake clean, and install new o rings on it too. There is a good write up for cleaning the ipr/taking apart somewhere, just search around for it

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I would suspect the IPR as well. Try cleaning or replacing it. Even if you monitor it, the only thing you will see is duty cycle which does not monitor the actual position of the valve, only the demanded position.

YJSONLY

Reaction score
My ipr was bad and had the same issue you are having. But mine did not shut off on me tho. But not starting it did for about 4 days and it went to the shop.

ActionRick

Reaction score
I would suspect the IPR as well. Try cleaning or replacing it. Even if you monitor it, the only thing you will see is duty cycle which does not monitor the actual position of the valve, only the demanded position.
Never heard of anyone having long term success cleaning an IPR . They usually stick from wear ...

ghohouston

Reaction score
Well in my case, the screw that takes the large flathead, had backed off part of a turn and wasnt tight, and it never hurts to get any debris out that may be in it. Cleaned my idle up too, before it would "hunt" a bit

ActionRick

Reaction score
Well in my case, the screw that takes the large flathead, had backed off part of a turn and wasnt tight, and it never hurts to get any debris out that may be in it. Cleaned my idle up too, before it would "hunt" a bit
So , what does the screw have to do with cleaning ?What does cleaning have to do with temp ?...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.