• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

2000 Jetta TDI (fixer upper)

Bair

Reaction score
This doesn't really fit in this section but where else. Dark blue exterior, gray cloth interior.
The good.
5 speed manual
GLS so it's fairly loaded for its time
Newer tires
Larger '20 HP' injector nozzles
Eurojet front mounted intercooler
Larger turbo (gt25) not sure if that's good or bad.
Has smoked GLI tailights
The car has not been seriously beat up. I need to get pics up, then you can decide for yourself.

Now the bad
Just blew the head up tonight when the cam twisted off. So it will need a head rebuild.
305k miles (which is just broke in for a diesel, duh) had to add that
Uses some oil
Needs timing belt but I have a new deluxe timing belt kit sitting here from boraparts which includes everything down to new coolant. Even have new serpentine belt AND tensioner.
Needs clutch but I have a new VR6 clutch and single mass flywheel sitting here in the box.
Headlight are very yellowed and the adjusters broke but I have brand new gli style headlights with glass lenses and fog lights from volxtuning ready to install.
Has a little hail damage on the hood.
One front fender has some rust.
A few interior pieces here and there could use attention but still cleans up fairly well.

As far as the turbo goes, it was lacking in low end power because of the larger fixed geometry turbo. Would spool at about 2300 rpms, but from there on up it was a screamer. But if your fine with driving around the turbo it could be sorta fun to drive. Also it needed better tuning to keep it from hitting limp mode because of the underboost situation at lower rpms. There again I was able to drive around that issue.

I'd like to get 3k for it. Or trade for 6.4 stuff plus cash. Hpfp, clutch, maybe a few performance parts. 35 in tires for 20's. let me know what you got. Located in south east pa.

I will try to get interior pics up later once I get the car home.
y8yryved.jpg
yvyhatev.jpg
6u6u6e5u.jpg
azaja8ym.jpg
4y8yhusu.jpg

Last edited:

03f3507.3

Reaction score
Id be interested in injectors and turbo(pending some info) and front mount if interested in selling.

Bair

Reaction score
Someone else had mentioned interest in the injectors and parts but at this point I'm not interested in parting it. If it would come to that ill start a new thread for that. But thanks for the interest. Pretty sure a new or rebuilt head will take care if it and its not too complicated to tackle yourself. It's just that for me I got my 3rd child on the way so a car is not real practical anymore so I'd rather put the money toward a Flex or better family vehicle.

Bair

Reaction score
Make me an offer guys. Checked into getting it fixed. Paul E. Witmer garage quoted me a ball park figure to fix it. Worst case scenario 1k would get it back on the road. Doing it yourself, would put that number at 6-700. And you'd have yourself a good runner. Witmers is a shop that I've dealt with for years and I totally trust their opinion. They were being cautious. If you're interested make me an offer an maybe we can get together on a price.

Bair

Reaction score
Yes I'll try to get some of the interior. I'm gone for 2weeks here so it may be a bit till I can get any. The interior isn't beat up no tears or anything but with 2 car seats, well, it could use a good cleaning. But pics as soon as I can get to it.

Bair

Reaction score
Can anybody see the pics I posted in the first post?? I had uploaded them via tapatalk and could view them fine. Just looked now and all I see is red question marks on tapatalk and nothing on the main sight. Not sure what's up?

03f3507.3

Reaction score
Can anybody see the pics I posted in the first post?? I had uploaded them via tapatalk and could view them fine. Just looked now and all I see is red question marks on tapatalk and nothing on the main sight. Not sure what's up?

No pics are showing up for me.

Latest posts

Members online