2003 6.0 rough and high idle

hjen27

Reaction score
I've had my 03 f350 for a little over a year now. When I first got the truck it ran well but after a few months my hpop went out. I have since replaced the hpop, the icp, the ipr, the PCM wiring harness and the PCM its self. But the truck continues to idle at 970 rpms. I kept getting codes for the icp signal being high and low so I replaced the icp again. The truck continues to idle high and surge I'm at a loss at what to try next. Has anyone had this problem?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Just an idea, but I had similar issues before on a truck, I checked my ebp sensor and the pigtail connection was ripped and had broken wires. Replaced the pigtail and all problems went away.

hjen27

Reaction score
Just an idea, but I had similar issues before on a truck, I checked my ebp sensor and the pigtail connection was ripped and had broken wires. Replaced the pigtail and all problems went away.
What year model was your truck?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I've had my 03 f350 for a little over a year now. When I first got the truck it ran well but after a few months my hpop went out. I have since replaced the hpop, the icp, the ipr, the PCM wiring harness and the PCM its self. But the truck continues to idle at 970 rpms. I kept getting codes for the icp signal being high and low so I replaced the icp again. The truck continues to idle high and surge I'm at a loss at what to try next. Has anyone had this problem?

Is it kinda fuel knocky and real rough? Check your eot sensor. I’ve had quite a few that had broken lock tabs on them, and while I was doing a turbo or something it comes unplugged and runs terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hjen27

Reaction score
Is it kinda fuel knocky and real rough? Check your eot sensor. I’ve had quite a few that had broken lock tabs on them, and while I was doing a turbo or something it comes unplugged and runs terrible.

When it idles up the hpop pressure defaults to 850.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So your running to default. Check the 5v at the sensor pigtail, wiggle test, etc.. The circuit sounds funky. Icp sensors get icp pigtails when changed.

hjen27

Reaction score
So your running to default. Check the 5v at the sensor pigtail, wiggle test, etc.. The circuit sounds funky. Icp sensors get icp pigtails when changed.
I replaced the pigtail the first time I checked and found it was bad. But I will definitely check it again and make sure.

hjen27

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240411-192059.png
    Screenshot_20240411-192059.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 7

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
These are the codes I'm getting

The p0046 is for the vgt actuator, the 67x codes are glow plugs. Seems like there’s a lot of shit going on here. Check the harness where it runs under the turbo. Could be chafed there and have broken wires. Your first post said you replaced the harness, correct? Did you replace it with a new harness, or a used one? Are you sure when you replaced the icp all the wires went to the correct pins? I’ve done that a couple times when I’ve been in a hurry and didn’t pay real close attention to the colors when I was splicing it. Also, where did you get the icp from? Is it a ford part?

hjen27

Reaction score
The p0046 is for the vgt actuator, the 67x codes are glow plugs. Seems like there’s a lot of shit going on here. Check the harness where it runs under the turbo. Could be chafed there and have broken wires. Your first post said you replaced the harness, correct? Did you replace it with a new harness, or a used one? Are you sure when you replaced the icp all the wires went to the correct pins? I’ve done that a couple times when I’ve been in a hurry and didn’t pay real close attention to the colors when I was splicing it. Also, where did you get the icp from? Is it a ford part?

I replaced the ipr and now the truck runs great.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Was the screen compromised or heavy debris on it?

If so, if you don't change the screen under oil cooler you'll be back at the IPR soon.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Electronically they fail very rarely. Make sure it has the heat guard around it and that the y pipe has the heat shield.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.