• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

2005 6.0L Complete Stock Engine Part Out - CHEAP!

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Ok guys:

I have a complete spare engine I was planning on using for my truck but no longer need as I just traded the truck in and bought a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 QCLB 4x4 DRW. I hated to jump ship, but I couldn't justify pouring any more money into the 6.0L. It's been down nearly 10 months straight, and in the past 20 months I've done HGs etc. twice at a total cost of over $3500 in parts and machining with me providing the labor. Just 1000 miles after the last HG job, it developed a tappet noise and my experience as well as the opinions of others I queried was that it needed the engine to come completely out for repair or replacement. I picked up a spare usable (with a bit of work) / rebuildable engine, but I was still going to have $5k+ in parts and machining in by the time I was done, never mind my time. In this economy, my wife and I just manage to support our family of 5, so the financial burden of fixing the truck again with the possibility that this fix may not be the last makes this decision the right one at this time.

I bought this engine off a guy over on PSN back in May/June of this year, 2012. (Search posts by my username over there and the original sale thread will come up). I paid $1250 for the engine and another $850 to freight it from Michigan for California. Here is the body of the original sale add from PSN:

I have a 6.0L out of a 2005 super duty. it has many newer parts and only 100,000 miles on the clock. It was removed from the truck because there was fuel found in the cooling system and the owner really wanted to do a cummins swap. I bought it for a spare for my truck but could really use the money rather than having this sit on my barn floor till my motor blows which may never happen. It comes complete from the fan and shroud to the flex plate and oil pan to turbo.

Newer Parts

Ford reman turbo Less than 3,000 miles
Two Ford injectors Less than 3,000 miles
Ford EGR cooler Less than 3,000 miles
Updated Ford Oil Cooler Less than 3,000 miles
Ford HPOP Less than 20,000 miles
BRAND NEW 5R110 Torque Converter 0 Miles NEVER INSTALLED

Also comes with;
Air filter, Housing and turbo to filter ducting
Motor mounts
Power Steering Res
FICM

Looking to get around $2,000 OBO. I am located in Lapeer county Michigan.
If interested, feel free to call or text me at XXX-XXX-XXXX

It came to me complete as described, fan to flex plate, turbo to pan, with the air intake, FICM, and injector harness, but no torque converter. Obviously I have not personally heard it run. Also, it was represented as having been diagnosed with cracked heads which allowed fuel to enter the cooling system 3000 miles after injector replacement. I'm going to disassemble it and part it out. I'll have the heads magnafluxed and if they don't show signs of cracking, pressure test to see if it is damaged injector cups. Until I know where I stand on the heads, they are the only part of the engine not for sale.

Starting from the top, all items that are pairs or sets will be sold as pairs or sets; Buyer pays USPS/UPS shipping (Lower 48 only, no AK, HI, Canada):

Remanufactured (Ford Installed) '05+ replacement turbo $350
Turbo Pedestal & Latest Style Turbo Drain $25
FICM (tested good 48v on my truck) $150
Injector Harness $25
Air Intake Tube and Bellows with non-MAF filter caps $25
Intake Manifold with elbow $150
Valve Covers (Pair) $25
High Pressure Oil Rails and tubes/plugs (Pair) $25
Fuel Injectors (stock set of 8) $600
Rocker Boxes (Pair) $25
Rocker Arms & Bridges & Pushrods (set of 16) $75
Flex Plate & Bolts $25
Rear Timing Cover/Rear Seal (5R110) $75
HPOP & HPOP Cover $125
Oil/Fuel Filter housing, FP Regulator, and Oil Cooler Assembly (complete) $100
Front Engine Cover with LPOP & Water Pump $100
Crank Dampner w/bolts $25
P/S pump w/Pulley $25
Oil Pan $25
Motor Mounts (pair) $25
Exhaust Manifolds (pair) $100
Exhaust Up-Pipes (set, bad bellows on Passenger side, the one not used with most EGR deletes) $50
Short Block: Block, Crank, Rods, Pistons, Cam, Lifters $600

I also have a core turbo that I bought for it's exhaust housing. The exhaust housing on it suffered some damage from a turbo that tossed a Turbine wheel into the down pipe. I'd like $75 for this turbo.

If the heads off this engine check out as serviceable, I'll list them later.

I'd like to think the prices I'm asking are pretty reasonable, please point it out if I'm off the mark somewhere. If someone wants multiple Items, we can haggle a bit. Everything other than the short block can go USPS/UPS. I WILL NOT ship to Canada/International or AK/HI, too much hassle, and I don't want to hear the complaints about excessive shipping costs. The stuff under 20lbs won't be bad West to East coast figure $10-$25. Heavier stuff like turbos can be $50-$75+ depending on location for shipping. Short block will have to go freight or be picked up, and I'll leave it to the buyer to use somebody like Freight Monster to make those arrangements.

Cash is king in person and you get your part on the spot, but please don't mail it! Paypal Add 3% to total of part and shipping, we'll discuss it by PM, parts will ship next business day. Postal money orders will treated same as cash or PayPal. Personal checks are fine with me, but I ask you to wait 7 business days after I receive and deposit it to ensure the check clears before I ship the parts.

For calculating shipping estimates on your own, the origin ZIP code for Rosamond CA is 93560.

If you want an item, post which item(s) and "I'll Take It". Shoot me a PM and we'll agree on payment method and details.

Any questions, ask away, here or by PM!

Thanks,
Walter

IdahoF350

Reaction score
I'm getting multiple PMs in stuff, but only the one post here so far. Please post an "I'll Take It" and if you're 2nd, 3rd, whatever, so there's no undue confusion in PMs.

Thanks!

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Price shipped to 22485 on the Y pipe ?

Thanks man.

Pass side up pipe bellows appears cracked (not used if EGR Deleted), but Y-pipe and it's two bellows are fine. $50 for all the pipes, $18 to ship US mail parcel post, $25 to ship UPS Ground. Calculated as 10lbs. 12"x12"x24" box size.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Ok, got the engine moved from storage to my garage last night. I'll start pulling the parts that are spoken for, and then as soon as they are off, I'll send PMs to those individuals for payment. The way I want to do it is ship the next day after I get payment, that way there is no issue with delivery times. Better for me, better for you.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Ok, I've had a lot on my plate the past few days, but this stuff needs to happen. I'll be sending PM's to everyone who has claimed parts thus far requesting addresses and preferred payment and shipping method so that I can get final shipping costs and give totals. Parts will ship starting as early as tomorrow!

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Pass side up pipe bellows appears cracked (not used if EGR Deleted), but Y-pipe and it's two bellows are fine. $50 for all the pipes, $18 to ship US mail parcel post, $25 to ship UPS Ground. Calculated as 10lbs. 12"x12"x24" box size.

Ill take it. Parcel post is fine.

PM me your paypal addy.

IdahoF350

Reaction score
How much for the exhaust manifolds to 16201

If I can fit them into a large flat rate box, you're looking at $16. If they won't fit in the large flat rate box, then they will have to go Parcel Post at $27.

UPS Ground would be $38.

Latest posts

Members online