2007 6.0 coolant issues

Ford3544

Reaction score
I have a 2007 6.0 that is blowing coolant out of the degas cap and all over the truck hood and compartment by the bottle. A little history, last year I did some upgrades and repairs. only 4,000 miles ago. New oil cooler, EGR delete, Injector, fuel spring, HPOP dummy plugs and stand pipes, lots of sensors and oil screens, intercooler boot to turbo, coolant flush w/new cap. I think that covers it. All parts OEM from Ford. Before this not many repairs other than normal maintenance.

The truck now gets hot intermittently towing (240), but drops right back down so after. It does the normal gauge jump, running steady then all of a sudden jumps up then comes right back down. The fan clutch seems to coming on and off but comes on a little later than I would think it should. This just started so I haven't ran a lot of tests yet. So far empty it stays in range. I have the H&S programmer and seems to produce a little less heat when in stock mode (of course). Last night I did an oil change (oil looked clean, no difference from before, and coolant looks normal other than low). I installed a pressure gauge on the coolant side and took her out for some hot laps (empty). Gauge tops out at 20lbs when I'm on it up the hill, then drops back to 13-16 range a few seconds after letting off the throttle, the bottle looks bloated when at full pressure.

Off of this should I be getting ready to do the heads and gaskets or is their another test to run to confirm that the heads are cracked or warped or if the cap is not holding up. I might just put a new cap and fan clutch in and see what happens this weekend. The truck has 104,000 on it. No smoke out the back and still pulls hard. Thanks for the help guys.

James

Latest posts

Members online