2007 died while towing, crank no start

RedLine

Reaction score
I was towing a dually with my 2007 6.0 yesterday and while cruising down the interstate it randomly shut off and would not restart. Crank crank crank nothing, had someone tow the whole load and I to a fuel station, still nothing. Well I got it back to the shop now and pulled codes, I know it always had a bit of a miss to it, so I had a set of injectors I was going to put in it soon but it ran fine unless idling, The FICM reads 12.00 main power and 3.00 3.00 while sitting. So I pulled the cover off the FICM, manually checked it and that read 48.6, 13.56 and whatever the other voltages were they were fine.

Anyone else ever had or heard of an issue like this? I had the cab off 3k miles ago (2 weeks) and put studs in etc. Im thinking a wires rubbed through or a pin pushed out between the FICM and the ECM or the cab. I cannot build over 49psi oil pressure either. If anyone has any ideas they would be welcomed, I will start tearing it apart right now but and see what I can find.

DMAX

Reaction score
Have you done the updated STC fitting, Standpipes or dummy plugs?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I don't follow your FICM readings at all, you should only be reading from ONE pin on the FICM, under that cover. If you have a 7 pin, you read from the pin that is in the row of 4, closest to passenger side. If you have a 4 pin, you read the pin closest to drivers side.

You read from that same pin for 3 conditions:
1) key on engine off
2) cranking
3) running (which you can't do right now)

The key to us helping you is knowing whether or not you're getting any smoke out the exhaust when you're cranking? Have you tried reading trouble codes to see if there are any (doesn't need to be a check engine light to have codes).

RedLine

Reaction score
Truck is 2007, (4 Pin) The bottom pin reads 48.6, But when I hook my scanner to the OBDII I read 3.00 KOEO, and 2.63-2.75 cranking.

No smoke while cranking.

DMAX

Reaction score
Do you have anyway to log HPO? If you have not done the updated STC fitting, dummy plugs, or stand-pipe I would be suspecting one of those

Atsah

Reaction score
Could be a bunch of stuff.. Sounds like you lost fuel pressure or oil pressure..

RedLine

Reaction score
Well my FICM readings were very messed up, hooked it to the scanner I normally use and it read fine, it had been throwing an ICP code once in a while, So I am checking for leaks right now. The FICM was my main concern, now that I have that cleared up I think I can figure it out. Thanks guys.

STC has not been updated, but I am also suspecting that seeing as I can barely build 75psi HPO rail pressure. Atleast it happened 20 min from home, not while I was 900 miles from home the day before!

STROKER

Reaction score
I would bet your stc fitting cracked its really not bad to do takes maybe 4 hours to do.

Latest posts

Members online