2008 F350 P0232, new to diesels.

Boyce604

Reaction score
I've found a few pumps online. I seen only ford sells the pump/water seperator as a whole unit. Oriellys and AutoZone sell just the pump, didn't offer water seperator.

How should I go bout replacing it, replace pump then prime it up, replace lower filter, the prime it again, then replace upper filter and prime up again. Just to minimize air in line?

And which fuel filters should I get. Wix or MotorCraft. Just wanna make sure this truck is protected good.

Last edited:

TD-5

Reaction score
I also didn't know you could buy just the pump, good info thanks. Before you decide to replace just the pump though, remove the complete module & have a close look at the rest of it. It also has the drain valve, check valve, thermactor assembly & a water in fuel indicator. They are famous for filling up full of sludge.
If you decide to replace the complete module, Ford's MSRP lists at over $500 , but Sunrise Ford sells it for $360ish. & free shipping.
As far as filters, the come as a kit. Primary & secondary. I would only use Ford or Racor. The system is self priming as long as everything is tight on the suction side & the pump will pull fuel from the tank. Just cycle the key on/off 1/2 dozen times to prime the system & push any air out.
Not that it really matters now that you have found the pump FUBAR, but generally when Testing resistance with an Ohmmeter you want the meter set on the lowest scale possible. However digital Multimeters are fairly forgiving. I suspect if you tested the pump motor right after the truck threw a light & quit it would show an open or very high resistance, & yes in Fords PCED manual they recomend to change the pump if it tests at more than 5 OHMS.

Attachments

• 6.4 fuel 1.jpg
    6.4 fuel 1.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.4 fuel2.jpg
    6.4 fuel2.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.4 fuel3.jpg
    6.4 fuel3.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Boyce604

Reaction score
Ok. I was just goin to order pump but I was goin to clean it all out real well. The diesel shop in town said they just replace pump. Not everything. But yea I was goin to do pump and filters.

If I pull the lines, how much diesel is goin to spill out. And what's the procedure in pulling the whole pump housing off the frame.

Latest posts

Members online