2008 job 1 TCM question

faulk222

Reaction score
i have a 2008 job 1 that the trans quit (no forward or reverse at all) i want to check the TCM on another truck (yes i know it needs to be programed)

the question i have is that the TCM for a job 1 truck is different then the job 2 and 3 trucks will i need to find another job 1 truck or will any 08 to 10 truck work :shrug:

Zmann

Reaction score
I don't know that answer
but if you don't mind me asking have you pulled codes ?
1st reverse is the same solenoid so if it's having an issue this would make sense

attachment.jpg

faulk222

Reaction score
pulled the codes and got u0101 lost communication with TCM.......the issue i have with that is that you can read the stater speed and gear selection on the laptop and it starts

it gave the signs of a broken input shaft to me so i jumped the gun and pulled the trans and input shaft was fine no metal in the pan clean fluid nothing visual wrong this far but the code got me thinking now and want to test first before getting a beefed up trans and still a no go :fustrate:

Zmann

Reaction score
Man i just pulled my trans I feel your pain

so if were lucky Mark K will chime in He was one of the Original Engineers for Ford on the 5R

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Your TCM should work in any 6.4L truck, and you won't need to flash it.

But it isn't your problem. Something inside the trans broke.

faulk222

Reaction score
update after disassembly the forward and direct clutch packs are toast gonna try the revmax combo kit and see how it works out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.