2009 F250 Uplifter Switch Wire Location

SteveEdgar

Reaction score
I have pretty much searched everywhere on the internet n attempt to find the uplifter switch wires. I found the end wires (capped off) in the engine compartment on the top left side of the firewall on a wire bundle. There were 4 wires capped off. I checked to see if any of those 4 wires had any power to them from the uplifter switches. There was no power. I then checked the wire bundle coming into the cab compartment side of that wire bundle but could not locate any exposed or capped off wires, as suggested by many forums. Short of taking my truck into a Ford Shop to see if they can locate these wires, does anyone have any idea where I could find them? Also, where would I locate the power side of the uplifter switch wires to tie my LED lites into?

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
They are below and to the left of the steering column in the cab right next to the parking brake pedal. We'll a little up and behind the pedal. There's four of them. They are tapped off. Let me get a link up for you to a yt video.

SteveEdgar

Reaction score
Thank you for the video. Yes, that video shows the 4 wires in the engine compartment. I found those but there is no power coming from either one of them when you turn on any of the uplifter switches. I did check the underside of the drivers side dash, the wiring harnesses coming in from the engine compartment. I was unable to locate any of those wires.

Is it possible that they are located elsewhere? Any suggestions? I have not found a video that shows any of location of those wires under the dash.

I did read that the 4 wires from the engine compartment are the same loose wires under the dash, and they need to be connected to the hot leads from the uplifted switches or relays. All good info but I am unable to locate either of those wires inside the cab area. Obviously, Ford did not have a better idea with this option. Rather screwed up in making something simple, very complicated.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
So you have no power to any of those wire under the dash by the brake pedal with the pickup running and the switch turned on?

When you have the pickup running and the switch on. Does a light come on right above the switch?

SteveEdgar

Reaction score
So you have no power to any of those wire under the dash by the brake pedal with the pickup running and the switch turned on?

When you have the pickup running and the switch on. Does a light come on right above the switch?
Hello. I could only find the 4 wires in the engine compartment above the fuse block. There are no wires to be found inside the cab by the brake pedal, or parking brake, taped, capped, or exposed. None. When I turn all of the uplifter switches on, their lites on the switch come on, but there is zero power to those 4 wires exposed in the engine compartment. I hope this makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.