2009 failing body mounts

Jbird

Reaction score
How did you know it was the body mounts? Did it effect ride quality or make noise?

Cknox121

Reaction score
I purchased the daystar kit and was not impressed. They are tiny compared to factory, and the fit was beyond sloppy. I sent them back and went OEM. For granted they are 1/3 the cost of all new OEM, I believe they they would cause more problems in the long run.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

f350guy

Reaction score
How did you know it was the body mounts? Did it effect ride quality or make noise?

Visual inspection. Two fronts and one on driver side are rotted and chunking apart. :/

Any other aftermarket brands aside from Daystar?

Al Bennett

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with mine. The right front is all but gone, and the others aren't to sporty either. Some say they don't like the Daystar units and some do. I guess that they would essentially be a rigid mount as they are very hard. The Dorman mounts are a rubber compound. There are four positions for the Crew Cab and I'd hate to guess if they are all the same. Ford lists p/n 7C3Z100055A, B, C, and D upper for OEM part numbers. Dorman p/n 924-066 is for the number 2 position and equals Ford p/n 7C3Z100055AA. It would be nice to hear from anyone that has some experience with the Dorman units.

Attachments

• IMG_6150.JPG
    IMG_6150.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online