200k+ mile questions?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Posted in the performance section, but figured I'd ask some different questions here. Getting a 08 F250 with 217k miles on it. I'm also buying a long block from performance machine. If I only use the long block that will leave me running high mileage injectors, lpfp, hpfp and turbos. Have any of you over 200k miles had any issues with these items? Am I missing some other items I will be reusing that I might need to replace? If y'all were spending 6500.00 on a new long block would you use these high mileage parts of the stock engine? I will be tuning this and trying to get some respectable power out of it. Just wondering what you higher mileage guys have to say.

78f100

Reaction score
I have 110k on mine and am no expert but I would check the turbos for shaft play and if good use them. The injectors I would also reuse but if you could swing a new hpfp I think you will be money ahead for sure if your gonna run big tunes. Just my .02$

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Stacked I'm considering it. Motor is supposed to be non leaking perfect motor. I think I'll go a head and tune it and see how much life it has left in it. Lol

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I've got 160k on my 2008 and (knock on wood) it's never had one hick up. Still on the stock HPFP, HPOP, turbos, headstuds ect... If it were me and I was building an brandy new engine and looking for descent HP, I would replace the HPFP and HPOP while you have easy access to it. The turbos should be fine as long as there is no shaft play and if thats the case I'd just rebuild and maybe throw some Bat's in them while you have them out. It's alot easier to work on this stuff now before it goes in the truck as compared to when it's all installed. Just my $.02

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help gentlemen. The truck I was going to look at turned out to be a junky POS. Been looking for another one since then. I guess I got lucky. Dealer called me today and said he would take 19000.00 out the door for a 2008 4X4 XLT CC with 98k miles on it. I said I will see him tomorrow. lol

pog

Reaction score
I've got 160k on my 2008 and (knock on wood) it's never had one hick up. Still on the stock HPFP, HPOP, turbos, headstuds ect... If it were me and I was building an brandy new engine and looking for descent HP, I would replace the HPFP and HPOP while you have easy access to it. The turbos should be fine as long as there is no shaft play and if thats the case I'd just rebuild and maybe throw some Bat's in them while you have them out. It's alot easier to work on this stuff now before it goes in the truck as compared to when it's all installed. Just my $.02

dayyum you were lucky to get one with a hpop!

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Woops!! Haha, having flash backs of my 6.0 days. Brainfart!!

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well changed routes. Ended up getting a 6.4 with 148k on it. Runs good so far. Thanks for all the help guys.

Latest posts

Members online