2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Morgan is going to be helping me put together the first dedicated 2.5" class 6.7 in the country. We fully intend to run the 6r140 with stock shafts and a use the hell out of it with 850+ fuel only horsepower and I intend to spray the hell out of it at the track and try to break stuff. We are going to push to break every weak link in that truck Trans wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
Gotta give all of you guys who test ch#t till breaks credit...someone has to find out what the limits are....

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Morgan is going to be helping me put together the first dedicated 2.5" class 6.7 in the country. We fully intend to run the 6r140 with stock shafts and a use the hell out of it with 850+ fuel only horsepower and I intend to spray the hell out of it at the track and try to break stuff. We are going to push to break every weak link in that truck Trans wise

Looking forward to seeing this.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this.

Me too. I'm also going to push it hard and run high range.

Morgan and I have a gear set up so I can run an almost identical set up whether I go high or low range, and we can test it without changing ring and pinion and not compromising wheel speed or rpm

We've been talking for a while about it and I'm super excited

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The 4r has it's known limits.

The 6r has massively strong internals. Hell they've been produced since 2010 and you still don't see sh*t for upgrades.... There's a reason, they are strong. We will start seeing more high hp 6r's soon. I personally will not take the 6r out of my reg cab. If it comes down to that l will just quit trying to make any more power with it. It will be running soon with big compounds to match the fuel and spray. We will see how the trans holds.

Only reason I could see doing a swap is to a 47 like Craig's for competition drag truck or a manual trans for a straight competition pull truck.
I was by no means arguing bud.. It was an honest question cuz I don't have a clue what they are capable of or who has abused it like Craig would....

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Me too. I'm also going to push it hard and run high range.

Morgan and I have a gear set up so I can run an almost identical set up whether I go high or low range, and we can test it without changing ring and pinion and not compromising wheel speed or rpm

We've been talking for a while about it and I'm super excited

Good luck, I hope it turns out stronger than you guys think.

Reaction score
So one running for 2 years plus going into the 8's would be a long shot.:D

How much does it weigh? We know the clutches hold. Shafts are the weak point. 2wd, light tube chassis, gutted race body? Yeah sure. I mean you can make a TH400 hold 2800hp, when it's in a 2500# car.

It's a moot point. You could argue with me all day. It won't change my mind. If I were to do swap behind a 6.7 it would be the two choices I listed above.

Would you like a hug now?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
How much does it weigh? We know the clutches hold. Shafts are the weak point. 2wd, light tube chassis, gutted race body? Yeah sure. I mean you can make a TH400 hold 2800hp, when it's in a 2500# car.

It's a moot point. You could argue with me all day. It won't change my mind. If I were to do swap behind a 6.7 it would be the two choices I listed above.

Would you like a hug now?

4500 and 6500...I have no interest in changing your mind.

I don't hug my hero's

Dantron

Reaction score
I hear helicopter turbo's and lobster boat turbo's are the best. If you want twins do a crawdad turbo with a lobster turbo.
Would I be able to install this lobster turbo using the factory housing or will I need a T4 flange?

Attachments

• carburador-solex-dis-32-gt-turbo.jpg
    carburador-solex-dis-32-gt-turbo.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 188

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Would I be able to install this lobster turbo using the factory housing or will I need a T4 flange?

you will actually need a S-Eleventy Flange to get that to mount correctly. Pricey but by far the best flowing flange out there

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
FWIW my stock trans holds 900hp of daily driving no problem. I believe it slips a little bit, but a few thousand miles on it since my build and no major issues. We even drained the fluid out recently and it was brand new looking. I think that speaks for itself on the 6R. Also, my 12 stock turbo made 38lbs when running spartan warhammer tune lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
FWIW my stock trans holds 900hp of daily driving no problem. I believe it slips a little bit, but a few thousand miles on it since my build and no major issues. We even drained the fluid out recently and it was brand new looking. I think that speaks for itself on the 6R. Also, my 12 stock turbo made 38lbs when running spartan warhammer tune lol

Nice!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

They sound like a frigging vacuum cleaner at 30+ through an afe.. my 11 annoyed the absolute hell out of me on the warhammer tune over half throttle. Lol

Latest posts

Members online