2011 f250 Got P0266 code on Mini Maxx

5280diesel

Reaction score
P0266 Ford - Cylinder 2 Injector Contribution/Balance Fault
Started it up yesterday morning. Check engine light was on. Checked the Dtc code's and it had this P0266. Just deleted it about 2 Weeks ago. Egr delete 5" downpipe back. I cleared code. Never came on again. Ran fine I drove it like 4 hrs. No misfire or loss of power that I can tell. Started up this morning. Check engine light on again same code. It runs fine. Not idling rough or anything. Any help suggestions?

5280diesel

Reaction score
Took it in yesterday. Ford tech said they checked everything. They did a buzz test on the injectors and they tested good. That the one was a little weak. He said that its the pcm. That I need to update the tuner. I call bull crap? If that was the case it would have thrown the code to the other cylinders as well. I'll try it tonight see what happens. Anyone have any input on this matter or ideas?

5280diesel

Reaction score
I got my truck back. Did the h&s updates on the tuner. Loaded it back up. P0266 code still comes up.( I know it would) And I started it up this morning and I feel a slight misfire while idling. It idles fine then misfires a couple seconds. I can feel it barely shake. So it will be going back. Sucks because I feel like these Ford Techs don't know much. I live in a small town. Ford dealership here. Im limited to where to take it. The city is 2 hrs away for a big dealership.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.