2012 delete what to do..

sirkdev

Reaction score
So I have a 2012 and am from alberta canada, currently running a HS mini maxx street, seems to be re-gening more than usual... 42000 km or 26000 miles all stock besides tuner usually run on performance tune. Has been running great up until recently, lots of regens lately like every 200-300 km, used to be about 800 km between cycles. Thinking my dpf is getting plugged up... strange because I do not drive like an idiot. Might do deletes but wondering what tunes and what suggestions for a quiet exhaust and better mileage. Quiet is a must. Suggestions please.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
So I have a 2012 and am from alberta canada, currently running a HS mini maxx street, seems to be re-gening more than usual... 42000 km or 26000 miles all stock besides tuner usually run on performance tune. Has been running great up until recently, lots of regens lately like every 200-300 km, used to be about 800 km between cycles. Thinking my dpf is getting plugged up... strange because I do not drive like an idiot. Might do deletes but wondering what tunes and what suggestions for a quiet exhaust and better mileage. Quiet is a must. Suggestions please.
You will need a h&s that is able to delete it, which is easy to come by in alberta. Next pick your exhaust of choice and go from there. Price wise, pro-flow is your best bet. You could go pro-flow delete and stick a long Donaldson muffler with in the delete pipe.

If your looking to save money, check out kijiji.

Deleted wise with no muffler these trucks are pretty quiet inside the cab.

Eventually you will want gearhead tuning, egr delete, ccv delete.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've got the flo pro 5'' with the flo pro muffler and its actually pretty quiet until you hammer it. My 56 year old dad has the same on his truck and doesn't complain about it at all if that says anything. I'd try that before the donaldson.

webb06

Reaction score
Straight 5" no muffler will have a bad drone when pulling a gooseneck. I'd recommend a muffler on 5" for sure. Maybe not 4"

sirkdev

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, is there a better program than the H@S tunes or do they seem to be doing well? I am after longevity low smoke I do not want an obnoxious tune but if the customs are that much better I will go that route.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
I would check out the new SCT before making a decision. I went from and HS to an SCT with deletes. I'm also running the 5" Flo Pro with muffler, I'm very happy with the way it sounds and performs now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

let me know if i can help with an egr delete.

Latest posts

Members online