2012 Deleted 6.7 loosing coolant

jrcrote

Reaction score
The other day I got a code witch was something to do with the engine heat. I checked the coolant when the truck was cold and noticed it was low. I added 2qt of the 50/50 orange anti freeze mix. I started the truck and drove about 18 miles to the fuel station and came home. I checked the coolant today and it was low again. Down about a qt. I don't see any signs of coolant puddles. Any ideas on what could be leaking and where to look?

jrcrote

Reaction score
No external leaks that I can see. No white smoke either. looks like its only the main coolant tank that is low. The smaller one I topped off but hasn't lost any since.

Clomax

Reaction score
Mine was leaking out of a loose block plug on the passenger side of the truck. It was dripping on the ground in the same exact location the air conditioner condensate would drip, so naturally I didn't catch it right away. Check around your oil filter and pan to see if there is a viscous orange liquid around it that isn't oil. The plug is somewhere above it! The orange coolant has a oily feel to it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My 12 dmax just had the ally removed this week to replace ALL the seals. Still.leaking :doh: they didnt assemble the exhaust double :doh:

My truck leaks oil, atf, coolant, and differential lube. Waddya expect with 40k :shrug:

On topic: are you guys seeing lots of leaks on the 6-7s? My buddy has one and he claims it."leaks everywhere" but he not so secretly wants a dmax denali. Im getting tired of.the leaks!

Chris1976

Reaction score
What does the white smoke mean? I was told i had some white smoke when i left work for a miles off and on. I am tuned and deleted with my EGR intact.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck 12dmax, stock, brokedown today. Just had new brakes installed, trans was recalled for defective.seals, and it smelled.like burning coolant.

Today the traction control light came on "service active control", the thing looked like.it.was gonna burn to the ground it was smokin so bad, and the whole underhood and underbody area are covered in oil(through the exhaust they didnt hook back up. Yet it sets no codes for.that), coolant, and atf. Im sick of these POS. Gm should have quit after the LBZ.

Go look at 6.7s tomorrow.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Heard about this happening to a truck at the local dealer. The air to water intercooler was bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online