2012 have the bad exhaust valves?

SpyderX

Reaction score
I’ve looked on here but didn’t really find much info. My build is 08/11. Just wondering if I’m good. Just read about these failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Should be fine. It was pretty much isolated to job 1 2011s

JHTX

Reaction score
Should be fine. It was pretty much isolated to job 1 2011s

Sootie my truck is a gen 1. I asked local shop if I should tear down they said leave it alone as job would put my half way to new motor. Have you ever heard of people pulling heads to go after valves on gen 1 11s.

sootie

Reaction score
Sootie my truck is a gen 1. I asked local shop if I should tear down they said leave it alone as job would put my half way to new motor. Have you ever heard of people pulling heads to go after valves on gen 1 11s.
Yes. Cheap insurance. The engine doesn't even need to come out of the truck to do it. Look at it this way, if you drop a valve, you are replacing the entire motor. If you do just the heads now, its a heck of a lot cheaper.

sootie

Reaction score
no difference in heads until the 2018 models with 450hp

sootie

Reaction score
Do you know what they did for 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i only read the Ford release article that said "improvements in head design..." I dont know of any 18s on the ground yet.

Black AOD

Reaction score
i only read the Ford release article that said "improvements in head design..." I dont know of any 18s on the ground yet.

There's some 18's here by me on the lot. I didn't realize the heads had changed. I'd like to know what changed just out of curiosity

Latest posts

Members online