2013 6.7 boost problem

richiee23

Reaction score
I have a 2013 f350 6.7 that is experiencing boost problems every once in awhile. I will drive for extended periods of time and it don't happen but then all of sudden it will. The truck will fall on its face and have no boost or power for about 5-10 seconds then boost comes back and it's fine and won't do it again for a while. Anyone else ever had a problem like this before? :ford:

Sanders

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my 13'. If I'm getting on the freeway I can tell there's no boost.. Look down and my mini maxx and dash gauge will be sitting on 0 psi, then it will bounce back to normal. Also I've noticed that when its cold outside and I crank the truck it sounds like the turbo has a vibration to it that comes and goes.

johnboy27

Reaction score
Sounds like the issue I had exactly. What fixed it was unplugging the 2nd EGR plug that is located on the center front of the engine.

TractorGuy

Reaction score
My truck is having the same problem. Were exactly is the 2nd EGR that is on the front of the engine?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I I believe it is under where the plastic intake piece bolts onto the metal oval inlet if that makes any sense. May be easiest to pull the intake off the inlet to get to it and see it.

TractorGuy

Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys. Ill have to check it out this afternoon. So you just got to unplug it and thats it? I know these are probably dumb questions to most but after spending alot of money on a new truck, I just dont want to screw nothing up. I wouldnt think twice if I was working on my ol' 7.3

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.