2013 Shut Off While Driving

PDT1081

Reaction score
until they tare into it and then find out it got contaminated... but i hope to god they do!! someone needs some luck with warranty..

if not, then plan on about a 16k dollar bill.

live life full throttle

I'll drive the mother ****er through the front doors of Ford Corporate before I pay a bill like that.

D10Tion

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to mine, happened once while driving on the interstate. Hopped out and made pushed all the fuel connections to make sure they were tight then it fired right up and was fine for about 3k miles. Then it happened again in front of my house, messed with it for about 4 hours and got nothing so I called a tow truck...of course when the driver went to get it up on to the truck it fired right up.Ford ended up replacing the complete low pressure side of the fuel system due to contamination and its been fine ever since.

PDT1081

Reaction score
Just to keep this updated, replacing the injector worked for all of 1500 miles. It's back at Ford with the P0087 code. I'm definitely not happy right now.

Jomax

Reaction score
Man, that sucks, please keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Talked to the dealership today. They said it ran great for them today. Only problem they found, was while driving the low pressure fuel system would suddenly drop to 25psi. Don't know if it actually died on them or not, but they said it did it intermittenly. They're putting a new low pressure fuel pump on it tomorrow, covered by warranty. I'm not 100% confident it's going to completely fix the problem, but we shall see.

Jomax

Reaction score
Man, Almost seems as its something fuel related... hard part about these new trucks is how many electronics they have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
Got the truck back and so far so good. Only been about 200 miles though. After the injector was replaced it went 1500 before the low pressure pump went. Guess we'll see how the next month or so goes.