2013 with Icon and AF installed

yfz04drt

Reaction score
I finally got the lift and wheels put on. There was issue with one of the AMP steps so the grandpa steps will be coming off as soon as the new ones come in. It rubs quite a bit, so ordering a 1" spacer for the front and taller rear block or traction blocks for the rear asap. A big thanks to everyone for all the info on this board!

Icon Stage 3 4.5"
22x10 AF Burnouts
37" Toyo MT

20140830_113002_zps5ffb91e5.jpg

20140830_113017_zps1f6e9689.jpg

yfz04drt

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm very impressed with the ride, it takes the harsh edge off of the expansion joints and pot holes. It has just a little bit of bump steer and the steering is a little lighter than factory. Will putting more caster into take care of that? The alignment shop has it set at 2.6 and 2.8 and I've read the closer you can get to 5 the better. Any ideas?

getstroked27

Reaction score
the bump steer is somewhat nature of the beast with the hydra boost steering setups on these trucks, too much caster is a bad thing as well. it will make it equally unstable. the closest they can get to stock specs the better. only thing i would say will help is a dual steering stabilizer kit. and making sure the track bar has the axle perfectly centered, if it's not it will cause a little bit of a bump steer issue.

XtrmDzl89

Reaction score
What was the problem with the amp steps? I just got the same set delivered and havnt had a chance to open the box. Hoping mine are all good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yfz04drt

Reaction score
Not sure exactly. PTP did the install and said there was an issue with one of the motors I believe.

XtrmDzl89

Reaction score
Ok, guess I won't find out till I get a chance to install them. Hoping all goes well. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online