2014 Diesel Power Challenge...Whose entering

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I hope it got a 4r swap...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What for??? How needs it in this competition?? Most of the events a manual will shine in..

Dyno..... who cares?????

Sled pull........ who cares?? I would rather have a manual... better for this then a auto...

MPG test...... Who cares??? Manual will out shine a auto if the guy knows what he is doing.

Ride and drive... who cares??? tranny sure does not.

Eight mile trailer tow...... Not that big of a deal. think sled pulling... I manual can do really good hear if a guy knows how to drive and tow.

Trailer obstetrical coarse. makes no difference unless you want to go over ten MPH. both trannys will work good. the auto will have a slight edge. but if the guy knows what he is doing it will not be a problem.

1/4 miles drag. This is autos game. boosted launches are key. BUT with a good DD clutch and some good power he should be fine with the FZF5 if it does not break. Shoot with a slipping SD clutch and well under 550 hp I can do over 100 in a quarter.. now with a DD clutch he could do a boosted third gear launch that makes it so he only hast to shift two times. with 800+ hp and a good third gear launch I would think 110 to 115 should be a piece of cake... if he does that.. he will not finish last that is for sure!!

Sorry yall I like me a good shifting ZF5.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What for??? How needs it in this competition?? Most of the events a manual will shine in..

Dyno..... who cares?????

Sled pull........ who cares?? I would rather have a manual... better for this then a auto...

MPG test...... Who cares??? Manual will out shine a auto if the guy knows what he is doing.

Eight mile trailer tow...... Not that big of a deal. think sled pulling... I manual can do really good hear if a guy knows how to drive and tow.

Trailer obstetrical coarse. makes no difference unless you want to go over ten MPH. both trannys will work good. the auto will have a slight edge. but if the guy knows what he is doing it will not be a problem.

1/4 miles drag. This is autos game. boosted launches are key. BUT with a good DD clutch and some good power he should be fine with the FZF5 if it does not break. Shoot with a slipping SD clutch and well under 550 hp I can do over 100 in a quarter.. now with a DD clutch he could do a boosted third gear launch that makes it so he only hast to shift two times. with 800+ hp and a good third gear launch I would think 110 to 115 should be a piece of cake... if he does that.. he will not finish last that is for sure!!

I thought it said zf6 in that one? I might have read it wrong.. but yeah only spot that a handshaker would hurt is the dragstrip. They are stouter then a auto right from the get go.. by a long ways..

live life full throttle

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought it said zf6 in that one? I might have read it wrong.. but yeah only spot that a handshaker would hurt is the dragstrip. They are stouter then a auto right from the get go.. by a long ways..

live life full throttle

ok if he has a ZF6 I feel bad for him. The ZF5 shift so much better and faster then the ZF6 could ever dream of doing it. the 100+ mph run i did was with a ZF6. I was wishing for my old ZF5 back! and a DD clutch.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Dyno..... who cares?????

i dont care if its gods gift to a manual, this thing is gonna get ***king smashed, he going to get dead last in drag races and dead last in trailer race , dead last in trailer obstacle prolly too. the only people he will beat in any of these competitions are those that break or get a ton of penalty points. then there is the dyno where i bet he makes about 550-650 uncorrected, smashed again. such a waste of a spot for the fords.

Last edited:

Spatel23

Reaction score

Dyno..... who cares?????

WTF are you talking about?
Do you even know how the event works?

"Who cares" in all those events equals a huge fking waste!

Those events matter just as much as any other, it's about an accumulation of points

bigaF250

Reaction score
WTF are you talking about?
Do you even know how the event works?

"Who cares" in all those events equals a huge fking waste!

Those events matter just as much as any other, it's about an accumulation of points

I don't think he was saying who cares if you win them or not but who cares if it is a manual or an auto. Saying that either trans could take a W.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
529f38f3f8be5abcef4ec8ae04fadfca_zpsb8bafec9.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
i dont care if its gods gift to a manual, this thing is gonna get ***king smashed, he going to get dead last in drag races and dead last in trailer race , dead last in trailer obstacle prolly too. the only people he will beat in any of these competitions are those that break or get a ton of penalty points. then there is the dyno where i bet he makes about 550-650 uncorrected, smashed again. such a waste of a spot for the fords.

Mike. That post had nothing to do with the power that 7.3 puts out.. As you could see by reading it. What it was saying was... I manual will not make you loose if you know how to drive. take it or leave it. Again mike that post was not made in regards to the power output. But in regards to a manual does not equal FAIL. The only thing that will make him come in dead last is if he does not have the power he is said to have. Not the manuals fault there. If he can handle a trailer then I would be willing to bet he does not come in dead last there. AND as much as you hate this next one. IF he does not brake (and can shift fast) he will NOT come in dead last on the 1/4 mile strip.... Sorry if you hate that. BUT its true!

I don't think he was saying who cares if you win them or not but who cares if it is a manual or an auto. Saying that either trans could take a W.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You got it right! Thank you Sir!!

The whole damn point is to win them!!!!
I can't believe we are even having this discussion.

I agree the whole point is to win! What I meant was. who cares if it is a auto or manual transmission. Either one would work for the given event. I should of said it more clearly I guess???

I hope this clears things up a little. Face to face is better then keyboards any day.

Dave

Reaction score
In this event a manual transmission flat out equals fail. The only thing it may help is during the sled pull

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike. That post had nothing to do with the power that 7.3 puts out.. As you could see by reading it. What it was saying was... I manual will not make you loose if you know how to drive. take it or leave it. Again mike that post was not made in regards to the power output. But in regards to a manual does not equal FAIL. The only thing that will make him come in dead last is if he does not have the power he is said to have. Not the manuals fault there. If he can handle a trailer then I would be willing to bet he does not come in dead last there. AND as much as you hate this next one. IF he does not brake (and can shift fast) he will NOT come in dead last on the 1/4 mile strip.... Sorry if you hate that. BUT its true!

You got it right! Thank you Sir!!

I agree the whole point is to win! What I meant was. who cares if it is a auto or manual transmission. Either one would work for the given event. I should of said it more clearly I guess???

I hope this clears things up a little. Face to face is better then keyboards any day.

I know what you meant. The manual will cause him to lose long before the tiny power number does. Manual is the worst scenario you could have , he's better of with a 2wd. He will be the laughing stock because of the stick. This will be ugly for him.

2good2Btru

Reaction score

Holy ****, tell us how u really feel;-)

Note 3

Latest posts

Members online