2015 Boost Issue???

Diesel Play

Reaction score
Have a buddy of mine with a brand new 2015 F350 Dually bone stock. From a dead stop, trying to hold boost at 20 psi for a few seconds it falls off. Not holding the boost it works fine. Anyone else have any issues or know anything about it?

Spatel23

Reaction score
Say whaa ?

Are you referring to an attempt at building boost as if you were staging it ?
20 psi is way high if that's what you're talking about

Diesel Play

Reaction score
He is just playing around with it in 4 high. But yes, as if you were at the tree staged and waiting for the other guy. I wasn't there, this is what I'm being told.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
He is just playing around with it in 4 high. But yes, as if you were at the tree staged and waiting for the other guy. I wasn't there, this is what I'm being told.

Man that's hard on equipment. The two times I did a boost launch in 4 High I got just under 10lbs before launching. Only a 6.4 ford would be able to get 20lbs out of a launch I believe as far as simple mods go. Trucks fine, I wouldn't worry about it and tell him to take it easy on his truck lol.

swinky

Reaction score
Man that's hard on equipment. The two times I did a boost launch in 4 High I got just under 10lbs before launching. Only a 6.4 ford would be able to get 20lbs out of a launch I believe as far as simple mods go. Trucks fine, I wouldn't worry about it and tell him to take it easy on his truck lol.

Getting to 20psi isnt the hard part. Realizing how much stuff you broke after leaving at 20psi is. Hopefully they take a video if he actually tries to launch it that high.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Have a buddy of mine with a brand new 2015 F350 Dually bone stock. From a dead stop, trying to hold boost at 20 psi for a few seconds it falls off. Not holding the boost it works fine. Anyone else have any issues or know anything about it?

Don't listen to these idiots...bunch gina's worry about parts. You want to set your e brake and power break it as hard as you can than let off the brake and pull the e brake release at the same time. That is how you win races and launch! Oh if you remove the air filter it helps also.

Good luck

BK39

Reaction score

You can not run 1 foot on the skinny pedal and 1 on the brake. These trucks won't do it stock. My truck will not power brake. About 2 tire rotations, and blah, falls on it's face. Even with TC turned off.

Hopefully they take a video if he actually tries to launch it that high.

I wouldn't treat my truck that way, but I know ppl that do.

Don't listen to these idiots...bunch gina's worry about parts. You want to set your e brake and power break it as hard as you can than let off the brake and pull the e brake release at the same time. That is how you win races and launch! Oh if you remove the air filter it helps also.

Good luck
:thumbsup: that should do it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You can not run 1 foot on the skinny pedal and 1 on the brake. These trucks won't do it stock. My truck will not power brake. About 2 tire rotations, and blah, falls on it's face. Even with TC turned off.

I wouldn't treat my truck that way, but I know ppl that do.

:thumbsup: that should do it.
did you turn of advanced traction control?

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
6.7s have a rev limiter stock that wont let them build too much boost or rpm, they will generally flash to about 1500 rpm but then no matter what you do they will cut fuel back to 1300 rpm and hold. so its not really a boost thing its rpm.

swinky

Reaction score
6.7s have a rev limiter stock that wont let them build too much boost or rpm, they will generally flash to about 1500 rpm but then no matter what you do they will cut fuel back to 1300 rpm and hold. so its not really a boost thing its rpm.

Sounds like maybe a tuner can turn that into launch control!!!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i have been working on that, from what i have found there are over 200 rpm tables for limitation and none of them are available on MCC, i was going to do that on 6.4s but same deal just not enough tables available

BK39

Reaction score
wonder if that is a 13+ thing. mine doesn't have a problem.

live life full throttle

My dad's 11 will not go down the freeway with 1 foot on the gas, 1 on the brake. It kills fuel until you let go of the brake. (our running lights went out on the trailer, it got dark before we got home, we were trying to lightly press on the brake just to have some sort of light and still maintain speed)

power braking and burnouts are different

Kind of. The OP was talking about just power braking the truck. I was just trying to power up a little to do a burn out, using the brake. Still wouldn't work.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My dad's 11 will not go down the freeway with 1 foot on the gas, 1 on the brake. It kills fuel until you let go of the brake. (our running lights went out on the trailer, it got dark before we got home, we were trying to lightly press on the brake just to have some sort of light and still maintain speed)

Kind of. The OP was talking about just power braking the truck. I was just trying to power up a little to do a burn out, using the brake. Still wouldn't work.
oh yeah... boosted launch so to speak.. havnt tried that.

live life full throttle

BK39

Reaction score
oh yeah... boosted launch so to speak.. havnt tried that.

live life full throttle

no no no..........2 wheel drive truck, bone stock from factory, 1 foot on the gas, 1 foot on the brake, just a regular ol'burn out. No worky.

Latest posts

Members online