2015 Diesel Power Challenge...whose entering

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
this. A 62/80 is what I've aways dreamed of for dpc. I know nothing about compounds though...... or anything really lol

The spool up would be nice, but I wonder if that would be competitive, probably need a healthy dose of nitrous.

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
The spool up would be nice, but I wonder if that would be competitive.

I think it would be okay. They only let you go so fast on the track without a cage. I think it was 11.50? last year. It could put down well north of 800 with nitrous. In my eyes it would be extremely competitive for a 6.0.... not like thats saying much though.

If we had a strong 6.4 and 6.7 in the mix I wouldnt feel bad about a 6.0 taking a spot. If a 6.4/6.7 took the win and a 6.0 finished mid pack that would be sweet.

At the end of the day it will still be viewed as a waste of a spot though.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I think it would be okay. They only let you go so fast on the track without a cage. I think it was 11.50? last year. It could put down well north of 800 with nitrous. In my eyes it would be extremely competitive for a 6.0.... not like thats saying much though.

If we had a strong 6.4 and 6.7 in the mix I wouldnt feel bad about a 6.0 taking a spot. If a 6.4/6.7 took the win and a 6.0 finished mid pack that would be sweet.

At the end of the day it will still be viewed as a waste of a spot though.

I don't think it's really gonna matter who's truck is in. Lavon is gonna be hard to beat

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I don't think it's really gonna matter who's truck is in. Lavon is gonna be hard to beat
Yep! Absolutely ridiculous power, a tried and tested combo and he just did it last year so he knows what to do and not do. That being said some of the other trucks this year are pretty insane too...

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
Last DPC was NO BUENO for the Fords! Truck I entered this time has been running and won't be a last minute thing. I could possibly switch to a compound set up but I would do with time to test first.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Yep! Absolutely ridiculous power, a tried and tested combo and he just did it last year so he knows what to do and not do. That being said some of the other trucks this year are pretty insane too...

They might be insane, but are they as reliable. If Lavon's truck doesn't break he'll be very hard to beat. Like you said he knows what not to do, and he knows how his truck runs at altitude too.

swinky

Reaction score
Can any of you confirm that 11.50 requires a cage? I know thats typically track rules but do they waive that for dpc?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Can any of you confirm that 11.50 requires a cage? I know thats typically track rules but do they waive that for dpc?

in the last couple years they have been enforcing that rule.

What Nathannial said...

Everybody the last 2 years that has gone faster than 11.5 has gotten a warning first but, next pass they will boot you.

Schirado's and Geiger's dodges both have cages in them though, and both have run DEEP in the 10's here.

Frank_C

Reaction score
It's currently in the making. Still need to plumb the cold side of the turbo and get a second hpfp on the truck. Final setup should be:

Gtx4202r with Tial stainless v-band exhaust housing
100% nozzles and dual fuelers
Trans with all the tcs billet parts
lowered 1-2"
Eaton rear diff
PMF radius arms and traction bars
etc

jdgleason

Reaction score
It's currently in the making. Still need to plumb the cold side of the turbo and get a second hpfp on the truck. Final setup should be:

lowered 1-2"
Eaton rear diff
etc

Nice! Good luck man

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

lowered 1-2"
Eaton rear diff
etc

Me likey... Why the Vband exhaust housing over a divided t4?

NathannialD

Reaction score

lowered 1-2"
Eaton rear diff
etc

not to be a downer but either bring spray to light it or go smaller, just saying.

gman1

Reaction score
What Nathannial said...

Everybody the last 2 years that has gone faster than 11.5 has gotten a warning first but, next pass they will boot you.

Schirado's and Geiger's dodges both have cages in them though, and both have run DEEP in the 10's here.

Derek Roses Dodge has a cage too. It was running consistent 10.3,s all summer.

Latest posts

Members online