2015 Engine Knocking

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I got a call from my wife yesterday as she was driving home telling me truck was making a knocking sound. She drove it over to me and the check engine light was on and it was knocking pretty bad. I took some videos this morning.
https://vimeo.com/122831869
https://vimeo.com/122831897
I will be going to the dealer on Monday but I wanted to get your opinions first. Truck engine is bone stock with 9000 kms (5600 miles).

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well. That stinks. At least it's well under warranty. Hope they get right on it in your case. I hate that for people when they buy a new rig and it's in the shop immediately.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Sounds like a rod knock. Maybe wrist pin bushing as I put a engine in a 2011 with kinda the same sound. The one we had in with a broken valve didn't quite sound that way.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I am mostly impressed by your wife actually noticing this. Hope the truck is ok or under warranty...

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Brought the truck to the dealer this morning. They say it's the injector in #4 cylinder shat the bed. Unfortunately they can't get the part until Friday. There are none available in Canada. Hopefully it will be ready to go Friday afternoon.

ftast350

Reaction score
For some reason I find that hard to believe.... I hate service! Where abouts are ya?

ftast350

Reaction score
Hard to say it's anything without knowing the codes but notice the stumble when reving? I would tend to lean towards agreeing with Ford.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I'm in quebec. I'm going to call some dealerships in Vermont just to see if they have any injectors in stock. Truck is obviously still under warranty and the diesel tech is usually very good so we will see.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.