2015 Fuel mileage

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
My '11 as it came from the factory with 3.31's averaged 18-19 mpg. Once I leveled it and put the 35's on it dropped to around 16. I'm working on a deal on a new truck and I'm torn on the '14/'15 situation as well. I like the idea of the upgrades to the '15's, but loved everything about the early trucks. I will likely keep this truck 3 years or so and move on after that. It will likely only get some better stockish sized tires and maybe opened up with tuning.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Wow, some guys are getting horrible mileage. I'm happy with my 2015, 18-19.5 hwy and 14+ primarily city. Weird they can be so inconsistent. Now a regen will drop mileage temporarily (10-12 mpg)

Is that off the dash by chance? Mine gets 17 with custom tuning and my cold air intake kit, hand calculated. Stock it was 15ish iirc.

Remmy

Reaction score
The computer seems to be fairly accurate. I'm coming off a 2008 f250 with a v10 that got 11 mpg (same size fuel tank) and I'm certainly getting more miles per tank with mixed driving and lots of warm-up/idle time. I can't blame the truck for the fact I idle it daily for 20-25 minutes.

With that said, I have no doubts that this truck can attain high teens on the highway with the cruise set at 70 mph. As a running average with regens and stop and go driving habits it will certainly drop considerably.

Last edited:

Remmy

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed with the edge Insight is that pure highway driving is very easy on the DPF filter, it's the city driving that creates the soot.

Remmy

Reaction score
Exactly. Even notice a slight drop in soot levels occasionally (passive regen characteristics)

Reaction score
The computer seems to be fairly accurate. I'm coming off a 2008 f250 with a v10 that got 11 mpg (same size fuel tank) and I'm certainly getting more miles per tank with mixed driving and lots of warm-up/idle time. I can't blame the truck for the fact I idle it daily for 20-25 minutes.

With that said, I have no doubts that this truck can attain high teens on the highway with the cruise set at 70 mph. As a running average with regens and stop and go driving habits it will certainly drop considerably.

Right, I can make my dash say good numbers while cruising on the interstate. But that doesn't really matter if it doesn't actually average it over the whole tank.

A lot of people get on flat ground cruising and reset their mileage meter. It will then show 16-20mpg while still cruising on that trip. Then they tell everyone that their truck always gets the 16-20mpg number that they only seen while cruising. Unless you can get it over a whole tank, or a series of tanks on an average. Then you don't really get that number.

I can make mine say 16mpg. But over the last 10,000 miles it's averaged 12mpg. Sooo, whether I like it or not, my daily use nets me 12mpg. I may use mine a little harder than others. I don't just tell the "roses" side of it. Just what it actually costs me in real fuel consumption. Because the dollar amount in fuel burned is all that actually matters.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Right, I can make my dash say good numbers while cruising on the interstate. But that doesn't really matter if it doesn't actually average it over the whole tank.

A lot of people get on flat ground cruising and reset their mileage meter. It will then show 16-20mpg while still cruising on that trip. Then they tell everyone that their truck always gets the 16-20mpg number that they only seen while cruising. Unless you can get it over a whole tank, or a series of tanks on an average. Then you don't really get that number.

I can make mine say 16mpg. But over the last 10,000 miles it's averaged 12mpg. Sooo, whether I like it or not, my daily use nets me 12mpg. I may use mine a little harder than others. I don't just tell the "roses" side of it. Just what it actually costs me in real fuel consumption. Because the dollar amount in fuel burned is all that actually matters.

Or like me, I used to go 45 on the two lane with od locked out until Igot on the big road and then id turn the od back on.Just to achieve high teens or 20 even with my ccsb 7.3. If I drove how I wanted, or how normal drivers would, it would be 13ish.

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I average 14-16 mpg. Very happy with it. 13" lift, 9600 lbs.....and all that power! I'm not complaining. I had a '94 with a big block, put it on propane, great fuel savings, but mini vans were beating me up hills. My '05 much better, but noisy and always in the shop lol... now my '12....just sit back in that big comfy seat and watch the world behind me in my rear view when I need too! I appreciate what I have. :thumbsup:

Platinumtuxedo

Reaction score
I normally am around 13.3-14 mpg hand calculated on my 15 with mixed driving. I will admit that I drive like an old man though. With more spirited driving milage defiantly drops. I have noticed that I will get 18 or even better driving flat highways at 65. Mileage starts to drop when the speeds get faster of course. I feel that the regens are hampering me though. It defiantly drops the average fuel economy. I am just not willing to take the chances on voiding my warranty quite yet. I knew that the truck wouldn't get great mileage going into it. If mileage was my most important factor I would have bought a 03-05 cummins, but I decided I wanted the good looks, nice interior, more factory power, and to buy from a company that didn't require a bailout. I was looking at a used 13 but I ended up getting a great deal on my new 15 and am happy with it.

Last edited:

Axis2011KR

Reaction score
I'm sitting right around 17.5mpg from the dash fuel meter combined highway and city with some stop and go traffic on my 70 mile roundtrip commute. Only about 210 miles on her right now and it's got the 3.55's. Hoping this continues and looking forward to even higher when it's deleted!

Platinumtuxedo

Reaction score
That's about as high as mine gets... Ever. And by that I mean if I have the cruise set at 75 and it is not in regen mode I'll see 18. Over the past 3k, which is the life of my truck, with about a 50/50 mix I am at 13.6.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mine lives below 13 but I only have about 10 miles of open road on my 35 mile drive to work. The rest is stop and occasionally go traffic through small towns.

08wstroke

Reaction score
I've got a 15 CCLB 350 Drove it to Eastern KY this past weekend interstate at 73 mph and hills and mountains 55 to 65 mph with 4 guys in the truck pulling a 16 foot trailer with a crewcab ranger 8 guns and luggage averaged 14 mpg

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
'15 Plat seems to like 14-ish city and 16+HWY. I have seen 18mpg on some long HWY runs. I'm using the Fuelly app to keep track and filling the tank to the cap.

Gunrunner72

Reaction score
I've got a 15 CCLB 350 Drove it to Eastern KY this past weekend interstate at 73 mph and hills and mountains 55 to 65 mph with 4 guys in the truck pulling a 16 foot trailer with a crewcab ranger 8 guns and luggage averaged 14 mpg

Figured by HAND??? I mean, I hope you're right because I've got a '15 on order, but that sounds real optimistic.

Reaction score
I would say that they are lower across the board vs the 11-14's. Still not bad.

Mine says 10 all the time... I've never got over 14 period. But I don't use mine for fuel mileage. It gets used like I use all my trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunrunner72

Reaction score
I bought an '11 back in September of 2010....best I ever got out of it was 18.8mpg on a trip back and forth to Gatlinburg about a month after I got it. Once I slapped 35's on it, the best I ever got on a tank was about 16.9, averaged about 15. I'll be happy if the '15 can pull that off.

ftast350

Reaction score
I am getting 18 L/100Km or 15 mpg with warm ups and 50/50 driving but everytime I hand calculated this summer it was higher than the meter and the meter would say 15-16 L/100Km or about 18 mpg-ish. I can't remember what I was hand calculating but I ended up using less fuel than the meter said.

Latest posts

Members online