2015 Platinum

T.R.P.

Reaction score

uploadimage

First, let me start off by saying I LOVE this thing. I had to get my hands on the Ruby Red as soon as I saw it. And I was even more excited when the platinum came back. However, I did not want to buy a 2014 just to save a few bucks when the 2015 was soon to be released with upgrades. I bought this thing with the intent to keep it fairly stock and have a nice ride for me and the family.

I ended up paying $58,500, and drove out at $64,300. Not too bad in my eyes.

I have only put 536 miles on it since I have had it, and the majority of those were city miles. Today I took her on a 116 mile one way trip and back on the highway.

The fuel mileage at 80 mph on CC was averaging 17.5. At 75, it was 18.5, and at 65-70, it was right at 19.7-19.9 mpg.

However, I can only assume the truck was doing something with the exhaust system because at times at 60 mph, it would drop to 12-13 mpg and then come back up. Oh well.

The power, 440hp/865tq, on the other hand is absolutely amazing! Holy ####. With the higher gear and the lack of noise, it does not seem to come off of the line as quick as a tuned 6.0, but from 40-95 mph, it definitely is quicker than any tuned 6.0 I have owned. I consider that impressive. Compared to my other 6.7 (2012), it has much more lag but is much quicker up top.

The comfort is amazing. The ride is extremely smooth. Granted it is a fully loaded Platinum, the luxury this thing has to offer is more than that of an E class mercedes. I love the rear heated seat option that my other 6.7 lacks. The leather seems to be upgraded as well. It is hard to stay awake in this thing while driving down the highway. I like to turn on the A/C full blast, and turn on the seat warmer. It works wonders for my back. My pregnant fiance also likes the heated seat option. All of my 6.0's and 6.7s have had the same, but these seats just feel different.

That is about all I can think of to share as of right now. Feel free to ask any questions or let me know if there something you'd like me to do for an answer to any questions. I do not tow, unfortunately, and Houston is about as flat as it gets. But we DO have thick air down here. Might get some speedo videos for yall.

The first thing I have planned for now is to pay it off within the year (only put a grand down). And sometime in the VERY near future, I will be doing a 4-link 8" kit from Trevor @ PMF. Plan on painting 4 link system and front coils the same color as the truck. As far as wheels, 22x12 something. Cant decided if I want American Forces or Fuel Mavericks black and chrome.

Thanks,

Taylor

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Very nice. This is exactly what I'm wanting to get.

If they are in the budget, a nice set of polished AFs would set this thing off like no other. Congrats!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

uploadimage

First, let me start off by saying I LOVE this thing. I had to get my hands on the Ruby Red as soon as I saw it. And I was even more excited when the platinum came back. However, I did not want to buy a 2014 just to save a few bucks when the 2015 was soon to be released with upgrades. I bought this thing with the intent to keep it fairly stock and have a nice ride for me and the family.

I ended up paying $58,500, and drove out at $64,300. Not too bad in my eyes.

I have only put 536 miles on it since I have had it, and the majority of those were city miles. Today I took her on a 116 mile one way trip and back on the highway.

The fuel mileage at 80 mph on CC was averaging 17.5. At 75, it was 18.5, and at 65-70, it was right at 19.7-19.9 mpg.

However, I can only assume the truck was doing something with the exhaust system because at times at 60 mph, it would drop to 12-13 mpg and then come back up. Oh well.

The power, 440hp/865tq, on the other hand is absolutely amazing! Holy ####. With the higher gear and the lack of noise, it does not seem to come off of the line as quick as a tuned 6.0, but from 40-95 mph, it definitely is quicker than any tuned 6.0 I have owned. I consider that impressive. Compared to my other 6.7 (2012), it has much more lag but is much quicker up top.

The comfort is amazing. The ride is extremely smooth. Granted it is a fully loaded Platinum, the luxury this thing has to offer is more than that of an E class mercedes. I love the rear heated seat option that my other 6.7 lacks. The leather seems to be upgraded as well. It is hard to stay awake in this thing while driving down the highway. I like to turn on the A/C full blast, and turn on the seat warmer. It works wonders for my back. My pregnant fiance also likes the heated seat option. All of my 6.0's and 6.7s have had the same, but these seats just feel different.

That is about all I can think of to share as of right now. Feel free to ask any questions or let me know if there something you'd like me to do for an answer to any questions. I do not tow, unfortunately, and Houston is about as flat as it gets. But we DO have thick air down here. Might get some speedo videos for yall.

The first thing I have planned for now is to pay it off within the year (only put a grand down). And sometime in the VERY near future, I will be doing a 4-link 8" kit from Trevor @ PMF. Plan on painting 4 link system and front coils the same color as the truck. As far as wheels, 22x12 something. Cant decided if I want American Forces or Fuel Mavericks black and chrome.

Thanks,

Taylor

Congrats! Beautiful truck.

Mpoage

Reaction score
You picked the best color! :thumbup: I wish I would have waited till the 15's came out to get a new one.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
man, that color isn't "me', but EVERY time I see one on the road, I about break my neck to stare at it! LOL

very nice, sir

White KRanch

Reaction score
I feel the same thing my friend. I got my black platinum last week and I love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 171

travisH3

Reaction score
i wasnt a fan of the ruby red until seeing your picture. painted to match headlights and that truck would be absolutely stunning. polished AF wheels would look killer as well lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
congrats on the new ride. dont know if it matters or not but my 2012 did the same thing mileage wise then after about 10k it dropped off some and now it sticks right around 17mpg on the freeway with the cruise set at 75-76 mph.

live life full throttle

Spindrift

Reaction score
Congrats on the ride. It's a head turner for sure.

Exactly what has been done to these '15s that's making them laggy? This isn't the first time I've heard this kind of comment.

sootie

Reaction score
Congrats on the ride. It's a head turner for sure.

Exactly what has been done to these '15s that's making them laggy? This isn't the first time I've heard this kind of comment.

the turbo

Trevor008

Reaction score
Congrats and beautiful truck for sure!

That red really is beautiful but I'm not a red guy lol. My White Platinum tricot ccsb Platinum will be here soon too:clapping:

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Spindrift.

They went with a bigger single stage turbo instead of the dual compressor wheel design from prior 6.7.... If I'm off I'm sure someone will correct me....

Spindrift

Reaction score
Spindrift.

They went with a bigger single stage turbo instead of the dual compressor wheel design from prior 6.7.... If I'm off I'm sure someone will correct me....

I sure wish FoMoCo would get the turbo speced correctly for the 6.7L. Sorry...won't muck up this thread any more.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
they've got it spec'd correctly

the previous design had two smaller compressor wheels essentially back to back on the same shaft. smaller diameter = lower moment of inertia = quicker spool up

but due to the more complex design, they were having higher than desired failure rate of a more expensive turbo... it's also more difficult/expensive to rebuild

so, they spec'd essentially the same compressor map in a traditional style compressor wheel. Due to the larger diameter, spool up suffers slightly, but failure rates should be effectively zero

Latest posts

Members online